cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio issue with ASUS STRIX Z370 H GAMING

MauEP
Level 7
Hi my name is Mauro Araya from Chile, the audio issue that i am having is that when i do the sound test in the supreme fx software of realtek HD audio manager the sound of the Sub Woofer resource is not working, it happens in both kind of sound configuration 5.1 and 7.1. Also something weird is that i have the Headphone Jack plugged in the the front panel of my PC and in that case it works almost all the sound resources of the 7.1 sound at exception of the Subwoofer, but, if i plug my Headphone Jack to the back panel of my PC, it only reproduce Stereo. It is strange because my previous motherboard Asus MAximus VI Formula never had that kind of issue plugging my Headphone to the back panel of my PC, it worked properly in both panels back and front when i was doing the sound test both 5.1 and 7.1 and very important with the same Headphones. I have to say that the Maximus VI Formula had its problem too, if i dont uninstall the Sonic Radar which comes with the Drivers of that Motherboard, the Sub Woofer will not work in 5.1 and 7.1 doing the test in Supreme FX, so in my case i had to uninstall Sonic Radar for the Sub Woofer worked, i had to invest some time for discover that, but, with the Asus Strix Z370 H Gaming that is not the case, if i uninstall Sonic Radar it just will not work, even uninstalling Sonic Studio. So i hope you guys can try to help me to find a solution to this before probably i have to go at the technical service where i bought this product and see what can i do with the warranty and that.

VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS5FDCNC8Ks

PHOTOS:
https://imgur.com/a/kvlezOp

My PC specs are:

Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z370 H GAMING
Processor I7 8086k (not overclocked)
GPU ASUS Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 TI
RAM Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR4 x2 8 GB 2666 Mhz
Watercooling Corsair H60 2018 version.
SSD Kingston Hyper X Savage 240 GB
Windows 10 Home 64 bits

Also:
All drivers were installed from the CD that comes with the Motherboard.
I installed the newest BIOS too, from the ASUS Website for this Motherboard, the newest audio driver from the Asus Website didnt make any difference on this audio issue.
1 REPLY 1

Retired
Not applicable
Hey Mauro,
I never knew that, once you engaged a test I would have the same audio output in my PC as to your's displayed from YouTube 😛
Anyhow, so are you getting the signal from all speakers? How about your sub-woofer? What I noticed in the video, is that you have both front analog and optical sound connected to your motherboard. Can you try disconnecting the analog signal and test the speaker output just on optical? I just want to make sure, that within these setting's you have a proper 7.1 format 🙂