cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Maximus XI Hero & i9 9900K - Optimal Stock Settings?

FriendlySquirre
Level 7
Hello everyone!
I've researched this topic already quite a bit but haven't really came to an exact answer yet.

Apparently, ROG Mainboards (and probably Mainboards in general) try to always achieve the best performance of the used hardware on default, which... makes sense obviously.

But it seems it's a special case with the i9 9900K in that regard, as it uses more power compared to other current/modern CPU's.

I've found out there are settings to let the CPU boost higher than it's TDP to reach it's proposed turbo clock and full potential.

However, all the Guides I found in that topic, are for Overclocking, and I don't want to overclock the CPU.

I don't have any knowledge regarding Overclocking and honestly, just don't want to do it for various reasons.

So my question is: Which settings I have to adjust in order to reach the i9 9900K's full stock potential?

Cooling shouldnt be the issue on stock settings anyways, I use an AIO Corsair H115i (280mm) and I use an 850w be quiet Dark Power Pro PSU, so there should be enough headroom for power consumption aswell.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day!
3 REPLIES 3

gatikrank
Level 7
I'm not sure I fully understand the problem.

You want to run the 9900k at full stock specs. In that case you shouldnt have to change any settings in your mobos BIOS and leave everything on auto.

Your CPU should now boost to 4,7 GHz all-core and 5,0 GHz on single core when applicable. You can monitor this by using a hardware monitoring program.

mdzcpa
Level 12
MCE Enabled will remove your TDP limit.

mdzcpa wrote:
MCE Enabled will remove your TDP limit.

And this should be enough 🙂
Then be sure that you have "Balanced" power plan in windows 10 to benefit fully of energy saving features.