cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AC5300 How to Dual WAN two routers which dont support bridge mode

baggyg
Level 7
Hi,

I am trying to get the AC-5300 to support two 4g modem/routers. The problem is that neither support a bridge mode. I can turn off the DHCP server on each but that is it.

On the settings, I have set the AC5300 to Dual Wan mode and made the first WAN: Ethernet Lan and the second to WAN. I can connect either router to the Ethernet LAN port (with its DHCP server on) and it will work fine. However I can't get either to support being connected to the WAN port. Is this possible?

Many thanks for any help in advance, its driving me crazy.
2 REPLIES 2

Oneguy83
Level 7
you don't need to disable the DHCP on the routers being plugged into the WAN ports. in fact leaving those on would be helpful as it will assign ip addresses to your Asus router.

what would be best is if the two routers you're plugging into the wan port each support what's called DMZ and you can specify the ip address that the routers are supplying to the Asus router as the DMZ it will pass all the ports through the firewall of those routers.

Thanks for the response.

To be clear, lets say my AC5300 is 192.168.2.1
On the 4g modem / router that will be connected to the wan port, lets say I set its IP address to 192.168.0.1 to avoid conflicts. It also has a set address for the Asus router of 192.168.0.60. The DMZ on that device I have set to enabled and 192.168.0.60 (the address of the Asus).

When this is connected to the designated Ethernet Lan port (in the dual wan settings) it works fine. I can also access its protal via 192.168.0.1. However, when connected to the wan port, I cannot access 192.168.0.1 at all. On the Asus network map it shows the error "You have probably stopped the WAN connection manually" and the 4g router doesn't show at all in the device list.

For me it looks like if I could have 2 wan options of Ethernet Lan it would work. But I cannot get either router to have any access whilst connected to the dedicated wan port