cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74sx-dh71

D_B_
Level 7
Planning on picking up an asus probably gonna be the G74SX-DH71, but im trying to get some asurance or atleast know what to expect and be prepared for. So far i havent seen anything to major as far as CONs go Pros definitely out weigh em. The game TERA has me wanting to upgrade (simply gorgeous game) and I want to know for sure itll play it at top settings with no lag. Just wanna ask you guys if Im going with the right machine and/or if you have any recommendations or words of caution!

Any feedback and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OH and would also like if anyone knew where the best place to order one is? Thx everyone! 😉
2 REPLIES 2

BrodyBoy
Level 10
D.B. wrote:
OH and would also like if anyone knew where the best place to order one is? Thx everyone! 😉

Pick a place that has a generous return policy. You want at least two weeks (preferably more) to fully evaluate the machine, and a retailer that will take it back, no-questions-asked, anytime within that period.

There are a few known hardware issues that show up in a small proportion of G74s, and rather than try to fix them or exercise the warranty on your brand new computer, you want to just return it and get a trouble-free unit.

Amazon has great policies, but I'm sure there are others who offer similar terms. (Note that some retailers don't qualify for the Asus warranty "extra" features, so be aware of that if it's important to you.)

Old trusty amazon, that's what i planned on, and its nice to have someone think/say the same!