cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Sync crashes at start up

BjarneHaugen
Level 7
i have a ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING with Ballistix Tracer DDR4 32GB 3000MHz RGB.
When ever i tried to start aura sync it crashes before i get any window.

i had some problem with AI suit 3 so i had roll back my pc to before it was installed.

i also have a coolermaster controller connected but can't think that has anything with it to do.

any help with be appreciate
15 REPLIES 15

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Before troubleshooting further, can you confirm if this issue occurs at UEFI defaults? This includes no XMP or memory overclocking.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Before troubleshooting further, can you confirm if this issue occurs at UEFI defaults? This includes no XMP or memory overclocking.

my pc was already in UEFI defult. at least it didn't change anything when i tried to sett it back to it.
i did find out that patriot viper rgb is in my app list and won't let me uninstall it

BjarneHaugen wrote:
my pc was already in UEFI defult. at least it didn't change anything when i tried to sett it back to it.
i did find out that patriot viper rgb is in my app list and won't let me uninstall it

Maybe a conflict there, then. You may want to try and remove the Patriot app before going any further.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Maybe a conflict there, then. You may want to try and remove the Patriot app before going any further.

it won't let me. there is no file there.

i did start the pc in safe mode and tried to start Aura sync and i couldn't start it cause it didn't find aura service

mdzcpa
Level 12
Aura Service
Aura
Galax Gamer RGB
Patriot Viper RGB

All of the above are part of the latest Aura (Lighting Services) Package. I suggest you uninstall them all and re install.

Use latest Aura Sync version 1.07.35
Download here: https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/au/download.html

Right-click on Setup (not AsusSetup), then Run as administrator to uninstall the old version and remove all cached data.
Reboot PC
Uninstall Galax and Viper RBG if they are still there
Reboot PC
Right-click on Setup, Run as administrator to install 1.07.35.
Reboot PC.
Right-click on the Aura shortcut icon, Run as administrator to open the Aura application.

mdzcpa wrote:
Aura Service
Aura
Galax Gamer RGB
Patriot Viper RGB

All of the above are part of the latest Aura (Lighting Services) Package. I suggest you uninstall them all and re install.

Use latest Aura Sync version 1.07.35
Download here: https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/au/download.html

Right-click on Setup (not AsusSetup), then Run as administrator to uninstall the old version and remove all cached data.
Reboot PC
Uninstall Galax and Viper RBG if they are still there
Reboot PC
Right-click on Setup, Run as administrator to install 1.07.35.
Reboot PC.
Right-click on the Aura shortcut icon, Run as administrator to open the Aura application.

so i have tried that 10 times. it's the reason why I posted here. but it does like viper doesn't work to uninstall even with the remove tool from windows, it keeps showing up in the app list

BjarneHaugen wrote:
so i have tried that 10 times. it's the reason why I posted here. but it does like viper doesn't work to uninstall even with the remove tool from windows, it keeps showing up in the app list

Heh, I think we have all been there lately. It seems a few, including myself found it took a Windows Reset with saving personal files. Then reinstall your drivers , updates and software . At the end you will likely have a system that runs better and has working Asus software again, be it Live Dash or Aura.

I did not want to believe it would require this procedure, but after 4 or 5 days of trying everything else I solved it in an evening with above procedure.

Good Luck to you

Aje
Level 7
This is my third encounter with this issue during the four months I've owned my new computer. The software just crashes. To fix it I had to completely reinstall Windows 10. WFT?!
How can you write such poor software?

What are the dependencies and how can only a fresh Windows installation work? What can change in the installation that makes Aura crash? I am thinking about returning my G-Skill RAM as this is really not ok.

EDIT

I finally found a solution that works:

• Uninstall aura sync, aura service, galaxy gamer rgb and patriot viper rgb. Then reboot your computer

• Remove folder LightningService under C:\program files (x86) (C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService)

• Install lasted version

Aje wrote:
This is my third encounter with this issue during the four months I've owned my new computer. The software just crashes. To fix it I had to completely reinstall Windows 10. WFT?!
How can you write such poor software?

What are the dependencies and how can only a fresh Windows installation work? What can change in the installation that makes Aura crash? I am thinking about returning my G-Skill RAM as this is really not ok.

EDIT

I finally found a solution that works:

• Uninstall aura sync, aura service, galaxy gamer rgb and patriot viper rgb. Then reboot your computer

• Remove folder LightningService under C:\program files (x86) (C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService)

• Install lasted version

Thank you very much!! It worked for me with my Asus Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard.