cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAMPAGE VI EXTREME BIO'S 1704 Freezing / Lock-UP'S Random/ Wont let me XMP

Epic-Shot
Level 7
BIO'S 1704 Freezing / Lock-UP'S Random/ Wont let me XMP or manual timings/ everything default and tried CMOS.

Good start up but I run Prime95 and system will lock up random.

Processor: Intel Core i9-7920X
Motherboard: ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
System Memory: DOMINATOR® PLATINUM 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Power Supply: 1600W Corsair AX1600i
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO)
Graphics Card(s): NvLink 4Sot NVidia’s GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (Founders Edition)
Custom Cooling System (2x Graphics Cards + CPU)
Reservoir Pump Combo: EK-XRES Reservoir Pump Combo D5
Radiator: XSPC EX Radiators EX560mm Quad Fan Radiator, EX420mm Triple Fan Radiator, and EX280mm Dual Fan Radiator
Water Block GPU: 2X EK-Vector RTX 2080 Ti RGB - Nickel + Plexi
Water Block CPU: EK-FB ASUS ROG R6E RGB Monoblock – Nickel
Chassis Fans: Corsair ML PRO Series (15 Fans Total)
Corsair Commander pro x 3
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
26 REPLIES 26

rython
Level 7
Try to put all 4 memory sticks to the sockets placed on the left side of the CPU and see if that helps. If yes then you have the same problem as many R6E owners.

rython wrote:
Try to put all 4 memory sticks to the sockets placed on the left side of the CPU and see if that helps. If yes then you have the same problem as many R6E owners.

I have this exact problem. Memory on the right side freezes the board. Left side all 4 work fine. Was this a bios issue ? I just RMAed my board. Did anyone fix by flashing to a previous bios?

Changes I made to fix the problem as of right now..... not sure why this works but system is not freezing.

Dram Frequency (3200)
Dram CAS# (16)
Dram RAS# to CAS# (18)
Dram RAS# Pre Time (18)
Dram RAS# ACT Time (36)

Receiver DQ Pre-Emphasis (0.700000)
Receiver DQ De-Emphasis (1.171875)
Transmitter DQ Pre-Emphasis (1.171875)
Transmitter DQ De-Emphasis (1.171875)

Enhanced Training CHA (Enabled)
Enhanced Training CHB (Enabled)
Enhanced Training CHC (Enabled)
Enhanced Training CHD (Enabled)

Dram Voltage CHA, CHB (1.3500)

Dram Voltage CHC, CHD (1.3500)

rython wrote:

Do you have a thread or reference to the problem seen by many R6E owners? I have the exact problem and would like to have more information.

Thanks!

rython wrote:

Removing the four sticks worked, so is it a bad board I should RMA? I hadn't heard about trying this and I am wondering if the board has always been the problem. I got one of the first boards from the very first production run. Mine showed up before it was on NewEgg or online, so I am wondering if there were issues on the initial run.

The lockups are frozen, which generally means memory. Although if the mobo is having issues I have seen this happen before with non-ECC ram.

Any input is appreciated!

Ken

Rob_W_
Level 12
Sorry to hear yo still have problem, as rython says try on the left ( I’ve never had that problem) it might solve it.:)

Barefooter
Level 7
So is the 1704 bios borked or is it working ok? Would like to know before I flash mine.

Barefooter wrote:
So is the 1704 bios borked or is it working ok? Would like to know before I flash mine.

Good question.

I cannot get this board to not freeze when running at stock speeds, It's only stable on an overclock but fails a number of stress tests.

Then again I am running a 9th gen i7 and G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 3600. It auto-overclocked just fine with a 7th gen i7.

CharlieH
Level 8
I am using it, I set extreme for the auto OC, it set XMP and OCed like before, I use VROC for a data drive etc. I have been running it for about a week and haven't seen any issues so far. My chip is a 7900X. My memory is GSkill F4-3600C17-16GTZR 128GB total running at 3200MHz.