cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus AI suite - Fan Xpert 3

deamonpt
Level 7
hello guys,
I'm having an issue with my fan control. I've set the curves I want the fan to follow, but I come across the following problem often:

basically the fan exceeds the speed I've set, and keeps drastically switching from low to high speed.
In order to fix this, I change to RPM fix mode and then back to smart mode, and for like 1~2 hours the fan behaves as expected. But then it goes freestyle again....

what can cause this and how to fix it?
9 REPLIES 9

deamonpt
Level 7
Anyone?

deamonpt wrote:
Anyone?

What make/model fan do you have connected? What fan header?

Have you ran the Fan Tuning module?

mdzcpa wrote:
What make/model fan do you have connected? What fan header?

Have you ran the Fan Tuning module?

Yes I did ran the Fan Tuning,

I'm controlling 2 fans and this happens with both. One of them came with the case, so I dont know the model/brand the one that is showing on the printscreen is a Thermaltake Luna12 120x15mm Slim Blue LED Case Fan (CL-F035-PL12BU-A)

Retired
Not applicable
Hello

uninstall aisuit , and configure fan speeds in bios instead, that's my advice

Rockford wrote:
Hello

I skip the AI these time and some issues are gone. I will test the last codexi bios and compare with ai data. but seams right.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Rockford wrote:
Hello

BIOS fan control sucks imo. You can't control fan speed after 70 or 75 c. Please ASUS make max temperature limit to 100c that would be perfect.

Plan3tCrack3r
Level 8
Remove this feature from marketing materials if it does not work properly.
X470-F, 2700X, 5700 XT Nitro+, 970 EVO, LanCool 2 Mesh Performance, H115i Pro, 16GB3000C14, TT650W Gold

pharma
Level 9
What version of AISuite are you using? I've been using 3.00.28 for a while and fan control has worked pretty well on my X99 Rampage Extreme V. DIP 5 version is 1.06.52.

You might want to check the link below to see if others had similar issues.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?98800-AI-Suite-3-Version-3-00-10-amp-3-00-13-user-test-rep...

pharma wrote:
What version of AISuite are you using? I've been using 3.00.28 for a while and fan control has worked pretty well on my X99 Rampage Extreme V. DIP 5 version is 1.06.52.

You might want to check the link below to see if others had similar issues.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?98800-AI-Suite-3-Version-3-00-10-amp-3-00-13-user-test-rep...

Indeed I'm using the 3.0.0.13 version. I'll download the last one and report back...