cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard Audio Interference when using MIC & High GPU USAGE (ASUS X99-A)

Chok_Ice
Level 7
Basically whenever i plug in a mic (I plug a pair of headphones into the mic port, it works)
basically Whenever i have headphones plugged in and a "mic" into the back audio ports, i can hear loads of interference, i think its coming from the motherboard pci lanes interfering with the on board audio because when framerates go higher in games, the interference goes faster, and when fps is low, the noise goes lower

I can only hear it when i have something plugged into the mic port

i was reading here https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/sound-interference-with-graphics-use.734470/
that something isnt grounded... another thing is, two power supplys blew up within 1 week a few months ago
the bois over at OCUK said something is up with the ground, but i thought it may have been a virus that was overloading my 550w superflower psu
so i went with a 650w evga 650GQ and that made a loud sound and blew up twice

ever since i went with a CORSAIR TX750M the pc stopped blowing up
i also removed mailware and basically built the pc again
i think it was mailware due to the psu only blowing up when idle

are both connected?
3 REPLIES 3

davemon50
Level 11
Sounds to me like you have a home wiring issue, you should start there.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Sounds to me like you have a home wiring issue, you should start there.

no other appliances have had issues

so , how do i stop this audio feedback into the mic, it sounds like a buzzing sound to other people who can hear my mic

and when it blew up, that was back in October

UltraNEO_
Level 11
Chok_Ice wrote:
Basically whenever i plug in a mic (I plug a pair of headphones into the mic port, it works)
basically Whenever i have headphones plugged in and a "mic" into the back audio ports, i can hear loads of interference, i think its coming from the motherboard pci lanes interfering with the on board audio because when framerates go higher in games, the interference goes faster, and when fps is low, the noise goes lower

I can only hear it when i have something plugged into the mic port

i was reading here https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/sound-interference-with-graphics-use.734470/
that something isnt grounded... another thing is, two power supplys blew up within 1 week a few months ago
the bois over at OCUK said something is up with the ground, but i thought it may have been a virus that was overloading my 550w superflower psu
so i went with a 650w evga 650GQ and that made a loud sound and blew up twice

ever since i went with a CORSAIR TX750M the pc stopped blowing up
i also removed mailware and basically built the pc again
i think it was mailware due to the psu only blowing up when idle

are both connected?

If it were me, I would experiment with ground loop isolators, add them to both the inputs & outputs, this will solve any ground noises caused by the mains. If there's still noise on the line, it's gonna be a hardware issue elsewhere caused by failing components.

If you're changing standards -10dBu (home audio) to +4dbu (recording studio) because you're connecting a mixer and using an XLR/balanced audio system, then I would choose something like the Behringer Hum Destroyer - They are essentially the same, the later just adds support balanced TRS connections and costs more.
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV