cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PG279Q] Will ASUS release updated drivers to fix broken Turbo button ?

vecuccio
Level 7
Seeing as Windows 10 and Nvidia drivers broke the TURBO button last year (by dropping WDDM 2.3 support), when will ASUS be releasing a new driver that is compatible with WDDM 2.5 ?

The PG279Q Drivers have not been updated since 2015. And seeing as the PG279Q is a PREMIUM PRODUCT and not some cheapo economy monitor, does ASUS not feel that customers who splashed out $700 deserve a driver fix that solves the problem ?
2 REPLIES 2

MoKiChU
Level 40
vecuccio wrote:
Seeing as Windows 10 and Nvidia drivers broke the TURBO button last year (by dropping WDDM 2.3 support), when will ASUS be releasing a new driver that is compatible with WDDM 2.5 ?

The PG279Q Drivers have not been updated since 2015. And seeing as the PG279Q is a PREMIUM PRODUCT and not some cheapo economy monitor, does ASUS not feel that customers who splashed out $700 deserve a driver fix that solves the problem ?

Hi,

I think the fix for this problem will come more from a monitor firmware update rather than an monitor drivers update, but drivers update are actually welcome.

It would be great if ASUS could offer firmware updates for its monitors to be installed by its customers (as is the case with the BIOS of our motherboards, even though I know that the flash mode/type is not at all the same), competitors are already doing it, especially since the release of NVIDIA G-Sync Compatible (compatibility of VESA Adaptive-Sync / AMD FreeSync monitors with NVIDIA graphics cards).

ASUS had promised (And that would be a first @ASUS) via an FAQ from 2018/11/13 "a downloadable utility tool" "to update your monitor’s firmware yourself" for PG27UQ :

... Or you can wait until later this year when a downloadable utility tool will be available to update your monitor’s firmware yourself.

Source : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036750

But nothing to date, ASUS is not comfortable with that apparently, it's either an RMA for them to update the firmware themselves (if there is one), or you stay with your problem : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?108523-REQUEST-ROG-Strix-XG-Series-Monitors-Firmware-Updat...

Thanks for your reply.

I'm new to Asus products. How good/bad are they at customer service ?
I mean, they let you answer my question rather than answer it themselves (that's not meant as a knock to you, i'm grateful for your reply, just that they are loaded with cash as one of the world's biggest tech firms, yet they can't be bothered to employ afew staff to man the forums)

It would be great if they released a user friendly firmware tool like you mentioned. One that even a novice could use without screwing up their monitor.
But I get the feeling that Asus have done, and will continue to do, sod all about it, and continue to take customers' cash.