cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gl504gs aura core stuck at 33 % brightness and fan speed stuck at "balanced"

rizkyabeng
Level 7
My laptop is ROG GL504GS , Windows 10 Home single 1803 , BIOS 303, NVDIA Driver The latest one until now Version 419.17.

i need some advice from everybody here please help me, the asus technician in my country didnt help much.

When i first buy this laptop, everything is fine, but after i went for upgrading the SSD from the basic 256 gb to 1 TB samsung 970 evo (it is upgraded by asus technician itself with doing windwos 10 re installing), there is error in aura core setting and fan boost mode.

the brightness of the aura rgb at the keyboard and the rog logo at the front is stucked at 33 % , if i change it up to 66-100%, or make it to 30-0%, and then i close the aura app, the brightness is stay still, no increasing / decreasing. when i reopen the aura core app via gaming center, it is still at 33 %, that means something is wrong.

And so do with the fan speed mode, its stuck at "Balance" mode, i do change it to overboost or silence, but it still at balance mode, no matter how many times i change it.

With the RGB problem, i have try some advice from the asus customer service by email, that is uninstalling and re install AURA Core UWP and Aura Service with 3rd apps , in this try with Revo Uninstaller, so that the leftover file after uninstalling will also be deleted. But after i re install it, its just the same, i cant control it (rgb brightnes and fan speed)

you can take a look in my short video that the rgb brigtness is stuck / fixed at 33 %, the same error mechanisme also in Fan Speed mode

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16vbkZBO2p0Erzz7Qeqz4dYbfQPgTls1l/view?usp=sharing

Please help me, i do appreciate anything information from you , Thank you so much. :):)
2 REPLIES 2

FL1_PiC
Level 7
hey man it also happen to me.
what i did is
For fan adjustment you can click (fn+F5) and you can see the adjusment change from ROG gaming center
for brightness adjustment you can click (fn+Up/down arrow) it'll make a difference

FL1_PiC wrote:
hey man it also happen to me.
what i did is
For fan adjustment you can click (fn+F5) and you can see the adjusment change from ROG gaming center
for brightness adjustment you can click (fn+Up/down arrow) it'll make a difference

THANKS A LOT MAN T___T, I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS THAT EASYY, VIVA ROGG ! 😄 :cool::cool: