cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In need of a small screw.

ae8ro_
Level 7
I have a Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi, due to a poor quality of screwdriver, I somewhat rounded out the head of the screw that holds the M.2 heatsink in place. It was a bear to get loose. Does anyone know where I can get such a screw or the dimensions of said screw? While it is in place, it looks kind of nasty all messed up.
3 REPLIES 3

DiabolicDreams
Level 7
Honestly, just take it to a local PC shop and show them. They more then likely have a screw laying around that they will give you. Or you can buy a new one on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-motherboard-M-2-Screw-Hex-Nut-Stand-Off-Spacer-13020-01810300/14304616...

That is not what I am looking for. It is the black screw that holds down the heatsink. It is roughly 5/16 inches long.

UltraNEO_
Level 11
ae8ro_ wrote:
I have a Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi, due to a poor quality of screwdriver, I somewhat rounded out the head of the screw that holds the M.2 heatsink in place. It was a bear to get loose. Does anyone know where I can get such a screw or the dimensions of said screw? While it is in place, it looks kind of nasty all messed up.

I know the screw you mean...

Some of the older Asus mobos use the same screw to hold the MOSFET's back heatsink in place. Instead of asking the forums, maybe you can contact Asus through their VIP support. Maybe they can sell you one or something... Most people on these forums are users, they can't supply you spares.
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV