cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type C Issues

Baddster
Level 7
Hi I'm having issues with the front type c connector on my maximus x board. Use to work perfectly fine but now I get random disconnects on devices. Not sure if the latest bios update messed it up but just cant understand why it works for 10 minutes then i get windows 10 failure warnings after awahile. Is it driver or bios related? I have turned off usb selective suspending but it still happens. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Guitarmageddon1
Level 9
Hmm I have been messing around with transferring large amounts of files off of my LG G6 phone via type-c cable both on front and rear panel. it seems like it just doesn't like it and this is even since I built my board a few months ago. Wasn't sure if there's some driver I'm missing or if it's perhaps just a crappy phone (which it is).

But anyway I wonder if you could be having the issue due to your Mei driver?
maybe there was an issue and getting that to update correctly? Are you on the most current?

It may be worth running MEI info and MEManuf tools just to see if it gives you an error.

https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
Hmm I have been messing around with transferring large amounts of files off of my LG G6 phone via type-c cable both on front and rear panel. it seems like it just doesn't like it and this is even since I built my board a few months ago. Wasn't sure if there's some driver I'm missing or if it's perhaps just a crappy phone (which it is).

But anyway I wonder if you could be having the issue due to your Mei driver?
maybe there was an issue and getting that to update correctly? Are you on the most current?

It may be worth running MEI info and MEManuf tools just to see if it gives you an error.

https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

The rear type c has no issues, just seems to be the front type c. So I've ordered a different front type c connector to rule out any adapter issues. This board did blow one of my memory sticks when i updated the bios last year, hoping it doesnt have any voltage issues. Thank you for your suggestion I will give this a go and report back.

Baddster
Level 7
Turns out the Akasa AK-ICR-32 Front Bay with Type-C is the issue not the board. I would recommend avoiding like the plague. Cheers.

Baddster wrote:
Turns out the Akasa AK-ICR-32 Front Bay with Type-C is the issue not the board. I would recommend avoiding like the plague. Cheers.

What board do you have? I haven't seen a front panel expansion for usb since my z68 board....

Baddster
Level 7
Asus Maximus X Hero. It has a front type-c connector which I use for my rog deltas (type c). I could just use an adapter but i like to keep it clean. all working fine now that i changed to EZDIY-FAB 2-Port USB3.0 Type A + USB3.1 Type C

cheers