cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G703GI cant connect to surround setup via toslink

blablabla2233
Level 8
Hi,

i tried to connect a toslink/spdif cable to my surround setup but it is not being recognized by the driver.
when i plug it inside the laptop it still only has speakers available in the driver.

on my MSI GT75 when i connect the cable it is being recognized as a spdif output and works just fine.

only trouble with this asus notebook tbh

also the driver says analog when showing the ouputs of the soundcard

this is the kind of cable i use:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07DTKWLDS/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07DTKWLDS&pd_rd_w=xvUnk&pf_r... (not the exact same manufacturer but same technology)
3 REPLIES 3

jdfrench3
Level 12
The ASUS G703 does not have that capability. Your MSI has a SPDIF headphone jack, the ASUS does not.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
The ASUS G703 does not have that capability. Your MSI has a SPDIF headphone jack, the ASUS does not.

ok, so how do i connect a G703 to a creative z906 surround system? AFAIK it only has those analogue 3 cable sollution or optical.
do i need to buy an external sound card? this kind of sucks because it worked on my MSI without problems 😕

blablabla2233 wrote:
ok, so how do i connect a G703 to a creative z906 surround system? AFAIK it only has those analogue 3 cable sollution or optical.
do i need to buy an external sound card? this kind of sucks because it worked on my MSI without problems 😕

A USB external sound card would work. I've used a Vantec 7.1 adapter for years. Cheap and mostly works. Only issue I've had with that specific device is the optical output seems to be stereo only, but if you have the 3 analog inputs those work fine for surround. There are more expensive solutions from Sound Blaster that I suspect would work better.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…