cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Crosshair vii wifi - Qcode 8 error

raviharshil27
Level 7
Hi,
I build the PC with Crosshair vii wifi and Amd ryzen 7 2700x. It was running fine but then all of sudden one day, i get qcode 8 error.

When I start my pc up, it's in a loop of qcode - 15 -> 67 -> 22 -> 3b -> 4f and then after 5 minutes or so it stucks at qcode 8. Everytime i start the PC, i see the same behavior.

- I have already tried taking everything out and putting it back up. Tested the ram too.

CPU : Ryzen 7 2700x
Ram - Gskil TridentZ 3600Mhz compatibile with Ryzen
Graphic Card - Asus Radeon 570 4GB (AMD Radeon RX 570)
PSU - 750W Titanium Thermal take

I am not sure what do i need to do next. Please help here.
4 REPLIES 4

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi raviharshil27 🙂

Qcode 8 is a problematic code in so much as it's not documented. It is however quite common and many have found it to be a Memory issue. Your Qcode sequence seems to indicate this.
Have you flashed the latest Bios yet.? Once flashed and if Bios is accessible then you will have to tweak Primary Timings and voltage to obtain your RAMs SPD.
Depending how you tested RAM. they may test OK but still be a mismatch. Check they are listed on the Rog Crosshair vii wifi QVL.
List your RAM kit Part No.?

Test with just one module in slot A2 initially then add the others and make sure they are well seated especially the offside to the clip.
If this still does not work then test the MB with another known working kit of RAM at 2666MHz (listed on the QVL and preferably (2x8) with Samsung b-Die chips.
Hopefully this provides a fix otherwise you may have to RMA the MB.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Hi Meanmachine, 🙂

Thank you for reply, I didn't know about the QVL list. I am not able to get into the bios now. May be i need to borrow someone else's RAM for test purpose.

So the ram i use is g.skill F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX, Surprisingly i don't see it on that QVL list. But I am not sure how come it worked fine normally, but all of sudden stopped working ? Any thoughts ? Could it still be the RAM issue ?

MeanMachine
Level 13
It does make it difficult when Post does not complete and no access to Bios. 😞

G.Skill F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX may not be listed on the QVL however that may just mean the MB QVL was not up to date. There are reasons why it may have booted initially then they failed on subsequent boots.

Have you updated your Bios to latest version? If not then do so. You do not need access to bios to update. Use your rear IO panel and here you have flashback. All you need is power to the MB. If not sure how then details will be given. Section 2.2 in your MB manual details how flashback works.(read and follow the instructions carefully).

Tested and known to work RAM from the QVL will more or less guarantee they will work (if they are not OC RAM) and eliminate the possibility of a dead MB slot.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

yes, i have updated multiple bios including latest one, but every time same error and loop of those qcode. I might have to buy a ram now to test it.