cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build with Z390-I - temp sensor #5 at 70 degrees +30degrees over others???

tailspin75
Level 7
Hi, I just finished a new build using the Z390-I, a 9900k CPU and 800W Silverstone Power supply.

Also have 2TB Samsung 970 M.2 drives installed, one front and back. They are my only drives.

My temp sensors all read fine on the motherboard except #5 (what is #5 ???) its showing almost 70 degrees Celsius, other temp sensors 1,2,3,4 are about 40 degrees...is this normal?

This temp is when just logged in at Windows on the desktop, not doing much really except web browsing and downloads.

Ambient temp is about 20 degrees - I have the air-conditioning on 🙂
[79280
3 REPLIES 3

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
download HWINFO64 and check with that app what is the sensor
Learn, Play Enjoy!

28BeersLater
Level 7
That sounds a similar build to me, only I went with the Corsair SF760 PSU.

It's probably more a function of my case, but this build runs hot. currently ate idle / browsing with a Win 10 VM open also ide, I'm getting:

CPU - 34 degrees C
Motherboard - 48 Degrees C (This gets hot, - I've seen it hit 60)
PCH 61 degrees C (This gets hotter, but that's documented to not be an issue... it does warm up my M2 drive a fair bit though 😞 )
Coolant 29 degrees C

Is would estimate room temperature is about 16-17 degrees C, Nest says 18, but that's downstairs and I have the window open lol

As for sensor 5... no idea DIP5 only shows the ones listed everything else just calls it "sensor 5" - mines currently at 22.
Gotterdammerung: Rampage V Extreme | Intel I7-5930K | 32GB Corsair Dominator 2666 | EVGA GTX 980 SC x3
Kingston HyperX Predator 480GB | Corsair Neutron XT 960GB | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair 900D | EK RVE Monoblock | EK 980 GTX Blocks

GOOSE: STRIX Z390I Gaming | Intel i9-9900KF | 32GB Vengeance RGB 3200 | STRIX Vega 64 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB x2
Corsair SF 750 | Phanteks Evolv Shift X | EK Z390I Monoblock | EK Strix Vega 64 GPU Block

X-TAC
Level 8
Both of the Corsair monitoring programs (Link and iCUE) have difficult reading the Asus Embedded Controller. It is pretty standard to get junk values and/or duplicates. That makes those programs not very helpful for monitoring motherboard specific sensors (VRM/Chipset/T-sensor etc). As suggested above, HWiNFO usually can do the job, however it will clash with the Link/iCUE program. Use the portable version that only deploys the driver on launch. It will give you a warning about both the Asus EC and Corsair sensors on load. Ignore the warning about the Asus EC and read those, accept the disabling of the Corsair sensors. In the alternative, you can quit Link and the related service prior to launching HWiNFO, but sometimes you still get crossover problems fixed on a restart of the Link service. It is possible to run them together, but you must carefully disable all reading of Corsair items in HWiNFO.