Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G Pro Lightspeed
    Headset No...just no. Sennheiser HD650s w/ Schitt Stack
    Mouse Pad Logitech PowerPlay
    Headset/Speakers Denon 7.2 Atmos w/ Polk Signature Series
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterAsus Rog Rapture GT-5300

Quote Originally Posted by Queen6 View Post
    No 120Hz tops and it depends on which version of HDMI for both devices and the cable, better to use the Display Port.

Q-6
    Oh right! Thanks for the info, I forgot about the HDMI limitation in that regard.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Queen6 View Post
    XTU may be interfering with the Gaming Center resulting in the crashes, as it too uses the XTU service. Better to use ThrottleStop with a delayed start up (2 min) IMO. Undervolting the CPU you have very little to lose, possibly a lot to gain. You can also reduce the Turbo Ratio Limits in ThrottleStop as unless the game is CPU bound, few need such performance as the 8750H offers. Better to establish a stable undervolt first.

I've an ROG GL703GS and it hardly reaches 85C when fully loaded, with a -140mV undervolt (CPU in isolation 75C). Your going to need to spend some time on the ThrottleStop forums, although the basics are easy to pick up. As long as you set a stable undervolt the system will not crash, BSOD etc.

Match Core & Cache offset values, say starting at -80mV and drop until you reach the point of stability. ThrottleStop has a built in test (TS bench) if your seeing any errors in TS bench (1024M) the undervolt is too deep, the Core & Cache voltage needs to be increased. I use my systems for work purpose I generally find lowest value then come back up 10mV to ensure stability.

Each CPU is unique, so there's no way to present an optimal value. My GL703GS can go as deep as -153mV, although to ensure stability I run it with an offset of -140mV it has yet to crash or BSOD etc. in over six months of heavy use, on all performance profiles or battery.

Doubts? -140mV undervolt,Turbo limits unlocked, CPU PL-1 reset to 65W, default being 45W. Under Prime95 Small FFT stress test CPU remains to be in limits with no thermal throttling...
    Attachment 79311

Q-6
    Hello,

i have a question according to TS bench. After i run it with 1024M i sometimes get a green number and sometimes i get a red number as a result. And of course sometimes i get an error, but the meaniing behind that is obvious. But what does the green and red numbers say? When i get a red number does it mean that the system is not stable?

Regards

i have a question

Quote Originally Posted by mp271901 View Post
    Thanks i will give it test .

I deleted the TS.ini file but the box with "lock" in the TPL window is still grey and i cant uncheck it. I deinstalled TS completely but it is still checked. Any suggestions here?

Or on the other hand, what effect will that have, when i leave it like that?

Regards
    You need to fully shut down Windows - Hold down the left Shift key, then Shutdown the computer, keep the Shift held down until the computer is fully off/4

Why? ThrottleStop settings are persistent unless you do a full shutdown of W10.

Q-6

Hello,

i have a question according to TS bench. After i run it with 1024M i sometimes get a green number and sometimes i get a red number as a result. And of course sometimes i get an error, but the meaniing behind that is obvious. But what does the green and red numbers say? When i get a red number does it mean that the system is not stable?

Regards

i have a question
    Green number simply means a new best score for that TS Bench run, red number is equal or less, error your undervolt is too low. TL-DR a red number is not a problem, am error is...

Q-6

ROG Enthusiast Array

Updates!

Hey all, just wanted to come back for an update.

My -105 mV Undervolt was going for a while, and then I saw more BSODs pop up randomly. Back pedaled to -104mV and everything was fine for several days and then more BSODs. Back pedaling again and will continue until I see this no more. Currently sitting at -102ish mV.

Temps are still great- 77 max for GPU (capped with GPU Tweak II) and mid 70s for CPU running 100FPS for hours on ultra settings in Overwatch.

Computer is set to Balanced for the ASUS Rog Gaming center.

Although strangely, sometimes Overwatch crashes mid game saying "an error has occurred". I'll have days where nothing happens, then other days it'll occur every 2 hours or so. Tried to repair the game but still is being wonky. Not sure what's going on with that- if it's my computer or the game client itself.

Idle temps are in the 30s-40s, watching Youtube/browsing is high 40's-low 50's.

Overall still super satisfied!

ROG Member Array

Temperature Reports

hey everyone, i have the same specs as Khulood with model no GL704gw (single 16gb ram stick)

Out of box temps reached 95+ degree Celsius on Shadow of tomb raider(SOTR) 93fps avg and Battlefield 5 89fps avg ultra settings.

updated bios to latest version

Using throtlestop at -0.78 v with only 1-2 errors on TS bench

throttle stop setting:
    -0.78 on core and cache, -0.49v on iintel Gpu
    Speed shift ticked at 64
    turbo profile at ROG centre

Now i am getting around 75- 80 fps avg on both battlefield 5 and SOTR
    with tems for gpu at 80 and cpu at max 82

if i tweak speed shift to 128 i get slight lower about 5-10fps and temps for both gpu and cpu are locked at max 75

thanks for all the guidance guys.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by harshil View Post
    hey everyone, i have the same specs as Khulood with model no GL704gw (single 16gb ram stick)

Out of box temps reached 95+ degree Celsius on Shadow of tomb raider(SOTR) 93fps avg and Battlefield 5 89fps avg ultra settings.

updated bios to latest version

Using throtlestop at -0.78 v with only 1-2 errors on TS bench

throttle stop setting:
    -0.78 on core and cache, -0.49v on iintel Gpu
    Speed shift ticked at 64
    turbo profile at ROG centre

Now i am getting around 75- 80 fps avg on both battlefield 5 and SOTR
    with tems for gpu at 80 and cpu at max 82

if i tweak speed shift to 128 i get slight lower about 5-10fps and temps for both gpu and cpu are locked at max 75

thanks for all the guidance guys.
    Hey,
    I have a another tipp you might wanna consider and which will help to keep the overall temps low, due to the fact that there are shared heatpipes between GPU and CPU. You can undervolt the GPU as well with MSI Afterburner. Its very easy and dropped my GPU temps from 80 dregrees down to 72 degrees as well as eliminated voltage and power limitations.

For a very good guide pls watch the vid mentioned below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpIkYr9aDc8&t=439s
    Last edited by mp271901; 03-23-2019 at 09:12 PM.

ROG Member Array

Hey,
    I have a another tipp you might wanna consider and which will help to keep the overall temps low, due to the fact that there are shared heatpipes between GPU and CPU. You can undervolt the GPU as well with MSI Afterburner. Its very easy and dropped my GPU temps from 80 dregrees down to 72 degrees as well as eliminated voltage and power limitations.

thanks for the tips and video, found it very helpful and easy.

Update:
    used the curve to set my voltage to 0.9v and frequency at 1860
    battlefiled 5 at ultra hits barely 80C (without asus gpu 2 tweak)
    where as CPU still at -0.78 core and cache with decrease of 1 value of turbo across all cores and speed shift at 64 : i hit temps of about max 86C for BFV

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by harshil View Post
    thanks for the tips and video, found it very helpful and easy.

Update:
    used the curve to set my voltage to 0.9v and frequency at 1860
    battlefiled 5 at ultra hits barely 80C (without asus gpu 2 tweak)
    where as CPU still at -0.78 core and cache with decrease of 1 value of turbo across all cores and speed shift at 64 : i hit temps of about max 86C for BFV
    Just to be sure I am understanding correctly- you guys used the exact curve he did in the video for this RTX 2070 chip, right? If that's the case I will try this myself when I get home!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey,

Can you post a screenshot of your profile? It would be helpful to serve as a reference when I'm doing mine.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast