cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio/mic issues with Sonic Studio 3

Elementaljarl
Level 7
Hey all, so for the past six months or so, ive been having audio issues with my Asus. Pretty much long story short, some games and apps had no audio, and audio worked for others. I did everything internally to try to fix the problem, driver changes, etc.. But I recently found out that uninstalling Sonic Studio fixed all my problems. It made my audio come back to the games that were broken, but it created new problems with my microphone. It made the output very staticy, and ultra nonsensitive. I couldn't find any help on this issue, & was wondering if anyone had any potential solutions?
4 REPLIES 4

Elementaljarl
Level 7
???

Enkar
Level 7
Elementaljarl wrote:
Hey all, so for the past six months or so, ive been having audio issues with my Asus. Pretty much long story short, some games and apps had no audio, and audio worked for others. I did everything internally to try to fix the problem, driver changes, etc.. But I recently found out that uninstalling Sonic Studio fixed all my problems. It made my audio come back to the games that were broken, but it created new problems with my microphone. It made the output very staticy, and ultra nonsensitive. I couldn't find any help on this issue, & was wondering if anyone had any potential solutions?

Exact same issue here. Sonic Studio 3 was messing with my audio, no sound in all of my games, and it was even crashing the cinematics in Kingdom Come: Deliverance (infinite black screen that i could skip using the "skip cinematic" option). I've quickly noticed that when i closed the process sound worked again, and uninstalled it. But now both the integrated microphone and my headset have terribly low volume outputs when i'm using them, or stutter/ go insanelly sensitive for a second (and make my mates ears bleed). My headset works like a charm when i plug it on my phone to use discord there, so it's not a hardware issue.

If anyone has a fix it would be great.

On a sidenote, i tried to reinstall sonic studio 3 to see if that would fix the issue, and, well, sonic studio starts, but just stay iddle in loading screen forever.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Which version of Windows do you use ?

- If you use Windows 10 64 bit 1809/1903 or more recent : Install latest Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS Nahimic) by following the FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL tutorial : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)

- If you use Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 10 64 bit 1709/1803 : Install latest Realtek HD Audio Drivers (HDA - FF03/ASUS Nahimic) by following the FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL tutorial : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105878-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(HDA)

wedmakk
Level 7
Elementaljarl wrote:

I had the same problem. After a long search on the Internet for this problem and trying to install different drivers, I realized that in some Asus laptop, audio card is configured for exact driver program - sonic studio 3. And i hadn't found a driver with could replace this program without breaking microphone or games sound.
So i went in another way. I've removed the sonic studio 3 and bought cheap (1-2$) USB Audio card. Now my micro and sound in games working perfectly. I think this is the most easy way to solve this problem.