Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix 370 F Gaming
CPU : Amd Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU : Msi Geforce GTX 1660 TI Gaming X
Ram : Corsair Venegence RGB 3000Mhz 16GB
PSU : Corsair Rmx 750W
HDD 1 : Samsung 960 Evo
HDD 2: WD Blue 2TB
Windows 10 Pro
The problem i got is the system seems to be runing unstable sometimes the mouse randlomly stoops for few seconds then it comes back to normal , but im sure this is not normal with a new PC also seen some youtube reviews on the graphic card the guy on youtube is getting about 92 fps on GTA 5 with a 2560 x 1440 resolutions while i runing the game on 1920 x 1080 and im only getting about 30fps ? Surely there must be something wrong , what can i do to check the system stabilitiy and possibly solve the problem ?
PS. I havent update the bios 3808. Is it worth updating it ?
15 REPLIES 15

panzlock
Level 12
On occasion symptoms similar to yours would materialize on my B350-F where loss of mouse function would occur. This gradually became worse with the peripherals as well as the monitor inadvertently ceasing to function, requiring a hard reset as the only solution. A forum member advised to not use HWinfo64 to monitor the system and the issue was resolved.

Are you using monitoring tools? If so, which ones?

Regarding the video card, you may want to update the drivers if you haven't already.

Research BIOS 3808 to ensure it is stable before updating. If the board is problematic with your current BIOS then yes, you might want to update. But if the issues are minor there's no need.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

Hi ,thanks for your reply really appreciate that 🙂
My mouse is Corsair Darkcore RGB i have just pluged it in through the cable (before i had it through Bluetooth) Now its seems to be fine , so looks like one problem solved .
Yes i been always using the tool you mentioned HWinfo64 .

Regarding graphic card i have updated them soon as i put the new card in as before i had an old (Msi GT730) i ussed the DDU in safe mode delete all old drivers put the new card in and then update the drivers through geforce expierence.
Also i tried the Battlefield 5 in Ultra Settings 1920 x1080 seems to be working well and smoot however i noticed a few times a qucik cut (im not sure how to explain it slow down for 0.1 sec and then back to normal ) Is this setup even able to run the bf5 in ultra settings? Not sure.
About the bios i couldnt really find anything in the internet about this version i know there are new wersion on ASUS webiste but thats it.

panzlock
Level 12
If resolved through alternate connection and functioning properly HWinfo wouldn't be the culprit, so that's good.

I read that certain driver releases caused low FPS and occasional stuttering for different users.

You can run BF V in ultra with that card: https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_1660_ti_gaming_x_review,12.html

So not sure if the setting is causing your micro stutters. Certain scenes in the game could be more demanding than others and could contribute to the stuttering. Try reducing your settings a little and see if the problem persists.

panzlock wrote:
If resolved through alternate connection and functioning properly HWinfo wouldn't be the culprit, so that's good.

I read that certain driver releases caused low FPS and occasional stuttering for different users.

You can run BF V in ultra with that card: https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_1660_ti_gaming_x_review,12.html

So not sure if the setting is causing your micro stutters. Certain scenes in the game could be more demanding than others and could contribute to the stuttering. Try reducing your settings a little and see if the problem persists.

Thanks again for a long reply,
Will try lowering the settings when my misses finish paying sims4😂
Also could a Hard drive cause an issue? I got the Samsung 860evo for the os and second partition is for progams only, all games i got on the wdblue, the disk is brand New from Amazon but it keep making some wierd sounds, as far as im aware there shouoldnt be anything like this with a new hdd?
I also noticed the Micro shattering on the Need For Speed Payback, dont think that should happen with this specs.
Another question is what program people use to See the FPS GPU cpu usage itp during gaming? I know there is fraps but dont like as it only shows the fps

Might want to double check the source of the noise. It might be the CPU when entering a lower power state to reduce power draw.

Hard drives can cause issues. You can check whether your hard drives are faulty using programs such as HWinfo64. It will advise of errors and failures. Or Samsung Magician.

Monitor your VGA performance with GPU Tweak II or MSI Afterburner and check to see if it operates to spec.

You can use Riva Tuner. Install MSI AB first and then RT will install afterwards.

Hi Thanks for reply,
Its 100% the hdd as i Just disconnected it and the sound dissapear, im gonna scan it later to See if there are any bad sectors etc, Now i got another problem, last night i was playing bf5 after about half hour the bf exite to the desktop with no reason, i turn the PC off and went for sleep, today i came back turn it on the PC shut down after about 15sec, i turn it on again the OS loaded but then i couldnt See anything Just lighted up Black and thats it, i reset the PC went to bios and pc could not find the graphic card, i loaded the default setting reset it and it started properly finally, what can be a reson of it?

panzlock
Level 12
Probably coil whine but to be sure check the drive for errors.

The card not being detected could be caused by various sources including improper seating, to the power supply not providing enough power. A BIOS update might also be required if you don't have the latest version. It could also be a Windows 10 update conflicting with drivers.

Computers are fun.

Power Supply its Corsair 750 Brand new sure so this should be fine .
I dont have the new BIOS yet but i would like to avoid doing this as i already bricked one motherboard which was my fault as the Motherboard was an OEM version of ASUS Desktop and i upgrade the BIOS with a Retail Bios version and bricked it , lucky it was an old motherboard. I have updated few bios before and it was fine but that time i didnt done very well .
I Just tried playing few other games like Forza 4 Fifa 19, Apex Legenda they all crushing in to dekstop after a bit time of playing.What should i do now ?

panzlock
Level 12
Try re-seating your components, including the video card and your RAM, and make sure they are snug in their slots..

If that doesn't help test your RAM using one stick at a time.

How are your temperatures for all components? MB, CPU, VGA, RAM, HD's, VRM, PCH, etc...

Which monitoring tool are you using for your VGA? If you don't have it, install MSI Afterburner and use that to adjust your VGA settings.

Are you getting any errors when the games crash?

If none of the above resolves your issue and your temps are fine, try clean installing the drivers, again. DDU your existing drivers and get the latest Nvidia drivers for your card.