cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Screen, when using Muklicore enchancement

GunnyF
Level 7
So first I have to point out, I'm no expert, last time I built a PC was 10 years ago. And I never did any bios stuff or overclocking.
Anyway, I recently bought Z390F, a i9-9900K Coffee Lake S Prosessor - 3.6 GHz, G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3600 C15 DC SR - 16GB, and a Noctua NH-D15S Prosessor fan.
I already had a 1080, but decided I wanted more GPU power to and so a 2080ti is on the way.

Anyway, the system is stable with MPX II on, but when I try and use Multicore enhancement. I do get various blue screens when running realbench stess test.

The first blue screen happend when I was away from the PC, but the second time I watched and I got "irql_not_less_or_equal"
Realising I hadn't updated the bios, I did this, again I did a stress test. This time the stess test lasted longer, but I got "kmode exception not handled"
Now I can't garantee the CPU dosn't run hot, But watching the CPU temps I never saw it go over 81c.
From my understanding both of those stop codes are driver related?

A second problem, that I don't know if is related is that I tried to install "GFX_RS4_24.20.100.6291_20181015" but get a messege that my system does not meet the minimum requierments. Does this mean I'm still missing a bios update?

Anyway, using milticore enchancment isn't a must for me, the system is stable without it.
2 REPLIES 2

Falkentyne
Level 12
GunnyF wrote:
So first I have to point out, I'm no expert, last time I built a PC was 10 years ago. And I never did any bios stuff or overclocking.
Anyway, I recently bought Z390F, a i9-9900K Coffee Lake S Prosessor - 3.6 GHz, G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3600 C15 DC SR - 16GB, and a Noctua NH-D15S Prosessor fan.
I already had a 1080, but decided I wanted more GPU power to and so a 2080ti is on the way.

Anyway, the system is stable with MPX II on, but when I try and use Multicore enhancement. I do get various blue screens when running realbench stess test.

The first blue screen happend when I was away from the PC, but the second time I watched and I got "irql_not_less_or_equal"
Realising I hadn't updated the bios, I did this, again I did a stress test. This time the stess test lasted longer, but I got "kmode exception not handled"
Now I can't garantee the CPU dosn't run hot, But watching the CPU temps I never saw it go over 81c.
From my understanding both of those stop codes are driver related?

A second problem, that I don't know if is related is that I tried to install "GFX_RS4_24.20.100.6291_20181015" but get a messege that my system does not meet the minimum requierments. Does this mean I'm still missing a bios update?

Anyway, using milticore enchancment isn't a must for me, the system is stable without it.

Did you set Loadline Calibration to LLC6 ?
Are you using automatic voltages or did you set a manual voltage?
Did you set your memory to XMP?
Those BSOD errors look to be memory or IMC related. "Most" CPU Vcore related BSOD's are system service exception (usually something related to vcore, could also be heat related at a high overclock), machine check exception (Vcore WAY WAY WAY too low), WHEA uncorrectable error (CPU core/cache error), or Clock watchdog timeout (CPU core freezes and stops sending a clock signal--too low vcore).

The only things I've done in bios.
Is flash it.
Set the boot priority.
Enable MPX III
And set multicore enhancement to on.
Everything else is on the default settings.