cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Battery 0% today

elfis
Level 7
Hi

I was using a laptop yesterday with a battery at 100%. In the morning I notice that my laptop battery is 0 and it will not chare at all. When I turn off psu will not turn on at all.

In an attachment, you can find a battery report from windows 10.
8 REPLIES 8

jdfrench3
Level 12
Using voltmeter check output of your charging brick (about 15V).

Plug-in the charging brick to the laptop then plug charging brick to the wall outlet. Does the indicator light on the charging brick come on when power is applied?

Now, plug the charging brick to the wall outlet, do not plug into the laptop. Does the charging brick indicator light come on now? If the charging brick indicator light comes on now, then more than likely the charging circuit on the motherboard is bad.

Also check the condition of the DC jack on the side of the laptop (internal pin and socket condition). This can cause problems (short circuit).

Your battery could also be removed from the laptop and output checked as well but it sounds like it is only discharged.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

I got a new power supply, and still the same. Is there some fuse in the laptop, as I think it happens when my socket was loose and sometimes during the day was reconnecting a few times in a short time. (a few seconds )

The fuse (circuit breaker) is in the charging brick.

Follow the instructions I wrote in earlier post:

Plug-in the charging brick to the laptop then plug charging brick to the wall outlet. Does the indicator light on the charging brick come on when power is applied?

Now, plug the charging brick to the wall outlet, do not plug into the laptop. Does the charging brick indicator light come on now? If the charging brick indicator light comes on now, then more than likely the charging circuit on the motherboard is bad.

Please provide your results.
Homebuilt Windows Server

- Charger connected to socket only - green solid light on the power brick
- charger connected to a socket and laptop (turned off) - solid green on power brick, solid orange on laptop
- charger connected to a socket and laptop (turned on), on boot - solid green on power brick, solid orange on laptop
- charger connected to a socket and laptop (turned on) , after few minutes in windows - solid green on power brick, blinking orange on laptop

elfis wrote:
- Charger connected to socket only - green solid light on the power brick
- charger connected to a socket and laptop (turned off) - solid green on power brick, solid orange on laptop
- charger connected to a socket and laptop (turned on), on boot - solid green on power brick, solid orange on laptop
- charger connected to a socket and laptop (turned on) , after few minutes in windows - solid green on power brick, blinking orange on laptop

That's a bad battery or an open circuit in the laptop motherboard charging circuit. Since it is rare that the charging circuit develops an open, I'm leaning towards a bad battery.

Good Luck
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
That's a bad battery or an open circuit in the laptop motherboard charging circuit. Since it is rare that the charging circuit develops an open, I'm leaning towards a bad battery.

Good Luck

What could be the reason?
You saw the "battery log" from the first post, it was perfectly fine.
Anyway, thank you for your help, now time to search for some youtube video on how to replace this battery 😉 .

elfis wrote:
What could be the reason?
You saw the "battery log" from the first post, it was perfectly fine.
Anyway, thank you for your help, now time to search for some youtube video on how to replace this battery 😉 .

same thing happened with mine. the battery died and its internal - i havent bought a new one yet = im just running on AC power

the reason is because i have a quick charge USB outlet - it drained the battery to 0% one night and triggered a killswitch in the battery. the battery is now dead.thankfully the morons at ASUS have made it EXTRA hard to replace batterys on my model so im going to order a kit and buy a battery off amazon and watch some vids and get it done for $100 instead of the $700 they charge as an FU to them

silverjoel07
Level 7
I got the same problem with mine.