cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Strix Scar II RTX Laptop shuts down when connected to external monitor, plz help!

SaiST
Level 7
So along with my purchase of my Strix Scar II RTX 2070, I also purchased an Acer 24" 144hz G-Sync Compatible monitor and an Amazon Mini Display to Display port cable. Whenever I play on the external monitor, specifically WoW and Destiny 2, the laptop shuts off after 5-10 min. It's not the cpu or gpu temps, because i have afterburner on and it shows the temps at 76-80 'c. When I unhook the monitor and play on the laptop screen, I have no issues at all. All my power settings are set to Do Nothing when it comes to closing the lid and whether the laptop is on the batter or plugged in. What gives? Why is it doing this?
1 REPLY 1

Sprayingmango
Level 10
I just got one of these laptops, I can't get the nvidia drivers to install 419.35. Says no compatible hardware found....very confusing. The Asus drivers on the site are old and BFV refuses to even play with them. How the hell am I supposed to play games on my gaming laptop if I can't get the games to load?