cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270E Strix M.2 Drive Questions

Meatwallet
Level 7
Hello all,

I picked up an Intel 1TB 660p M.2 drive last week and got it up and running. I decided to bench it with Crystaldisk and noticed it was getting around 1800 read and write when it should be getting around 3200. I did a lot of reading and tried a bunch of stuff out but it's still at the same speed. It's currently in the M2.1 spot (lower right portion of the board if you are looking into the case). I've got it set for PCI-E in Bios. I even tried swapping M.2 slots and changing the bios settings to M.2.2 slot to x4 and still no luck. I reset Bios to default and it was still the same speed because I read XMP can mess with the speed of the M.2 slot. I have two other SSD's and a Bluray drive all hooked up through Sata using ports 1,3 and 4 I believe. I'm obviously missing something but I haven't got a clue what the heck it is. I could really use some expertize! Specs of the compouter are listed in my profile.
1 REPLY 1

Legolas
Level 9
You might want to move the SSD from port 1 to port 5 to avoid any speed penalty of the M.2, because the M.2 shares signal with SATA 1 and SATA 2 ports.
Sincerely,
Legolas