cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable guy :p

Psycrow
Level 11
I have this p27uq 4 k monitor and was wondering if it would help anything
to buy a more expensive and thicker display port cable than the cable that came with the monitor

And if so, then please recommend me some cables..i live in denmark so please make sure i can my hands on em 😉
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Hi Psycrow

If you have a displayport 1.4 cable you should be good to go, I imagine ASUS included a displayport 1.4 cable with your monitor.

Example:

https://www.amazon.com/Infinnet-DisplayPort-Flexible-Certified-Meters/dp/B07JX6MWL5/ref=sr_1_7?hvadi...

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Psycrow

If you have a displayport 1.4 cable you should be good to go, I imagine ASUS included a displayport 1.4 cable with your monitor.

Example:

https://www.amazon.com/Infinnet-DisplayPort-Flexible-Certified-Meters/dp/B07JX6MWL5/ref=sr_1_7?hvadi...

Yes they did give me a cable but i have a wierd display mode problem sometimes when i boot up, then my screen shows 30-32 hz only in 4k ress 8 bit.
And i can choose anything else than 30 or 32 hz until i reboot or shutdown the pc and power it on again..that would be best to do. And then i can sellect up to 144 hz or 120 again

Also if you could help find a place where they ship to denmark

xeromist
Hey Crow,

I know we've discussed your display mode issues before. It's possible that the cable could be an issue and it might be worth trying something else but you don't need unobtainium cables. It just needs to be a good quality cable from a reputable brand. The most expensive cables are snake oil. Being a digital signal it either works for a given mode or it doesn't. I'd stay away from anything promising better picture quality. That's the sign of a marketing con artist.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Hey Crow,

I know we've discussed your display mode issues before. It's possible that the cable could be an issue and it might be worth trying something else but you don't need unobtainium cables. It just needs to be a good quality cable from a reputable brand. The most expensive cables are snake oil. Being a digital signal it either works for a given mode or it doesn't. I'd stay away from anything promising better picture quality. That's the sign of a marketing con artist.

You remember me 😄

Yes im still testing out stuff to see what makes my screen use 30-32 hz at random boot ups.
It might sound crazy, but so far im writing down in a document for each day when my pc boots up with the given settings that i made.
and so far it has been a week since i had the last displaymode with 30 hz on bootup.

But i still want to test with a new cable.
And thanks for the snake oil warning 😄 that helped alot on my wallet.

But where or what cable should i try and buy then. Im not so good at cables when it comes to monitor cables.

Psycrow wrote:
You remember me 😄

Yes im still testing out stuff to see what makes my screen use 30-32 hz at random boot ups.
It might sound crazy, but so far im writing down in a document for each day when my pc boots up with the given settings that i made.
and so far it has been a week since i had the last displaymode with 30 hz on bootup.

But i still want to test with a new cable.
And thanks for the snake oil warning 😄 that helped alot on my wallet.

But where or what cable should i try and buy then. Im not so good at cables when it comes to monitor cables.

Well, I generally shop on Amazon, Newegg, Monoprice, and Ebay for technology products. The first 3 have product reviews attached to the products. So I may not have a specific brand in mind but I can read those reviews and see if there is anything I need to be aware of. With Ebay I will try to find the same product elsewhere and read reviews even if I still purchase it on Ebay. I would just avoid the manufacturer's website. Any review or testimonial published by the manufacturer should be taken with a grain of salt.

Since you live in another country I don't know that you could use any link I would provide but if you use the same methodology I think you'd be fine. Find something with a middling price that has plenty of good (independent) reviews and it should work.

And of course make sure the cable is certified for the highest revision possible to ensure the best performance.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…