cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRAM Voltage stays on 1.092V no matter what I change in Bios!

ehnoah
Level 7
Hey,

So I got the XI Board and using this RAM

https://www.corsair.com/de/de/Kategorien/Produkte/Arbeitsspeicher/DOMINATOR%C2%AE-PLATINUM-Special-E...

With XMP it ran fine on the X Board. Sadly I broke it. With the XMP Profile on the XI it just fail to boot.

It says 1.35 V on settings but it stays on 1.1 V no matter What I put There. So I am Curious where the error comes from

BIOS 8505 the latest.
6 REPLIES 6

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
This memory kit does not appear to be on the QVL.

It sounds as though you're looking at the voltage from UEFI in Safe Mode. The board will default back to stock voltage in the event of POST failure.

1. You will likely need to tune the VCCSA and VCCIO rails. Try setting 1.2v on both.

2. Try Maximus Tweak Modes 1 & 2

3. 2 DIMM kits can sometimes be harder to stabilise than 4 DIMM due to the T-Topology layout favoring population of all slots
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

ehnoah
Level 7
What I mean is:

https://abload.de/img/155187660524414243418epkan.jpg

This is not in save Mode. It just ignore the settings and this might be the reason the RAM Not Work

The other 2 values are set fine.
Just RAM Voltage say nope.

It runs stable on 2800 an not sure if there is a big difference between 3466 and 2800 but yeah.
Mode 1 & 2 seems also not change anything.

On the Hero X it worked fine out of the box with XMP, that is what is curious, since not much changed to the XI as I read?
Maybe this is a BIOS error or a defect on the board itself? I mean the Voltage should Change no? Is it maybe because of the Memory OK! Option, that is enabled by default?

I try to find the Error, why the Voltage do not increase.

ehnoah wrote:
What I mean is:

https://abload.de/img/155187660524414243418epkan.jpg

This is not in save Mode. It just ignore the settings and this might be the reason the RAM Not Work

The other 2 values are set fine.
Just RAM Voltage say nope.

It runs stable on 2800 an not sure if there is a big difference between 3466 and 2800 but yeah.
Mode 1 & 2 seems also not change anything.

On the Hero X it worked fine out of the box with XMP, that is what is curious, since not much changed to the XI as I read?
Maybe this is a BIOS error or a defect on the board itself? I mean the Voltage should Change no? Is it maybe because of the Memory OK! Option, that is enabled by default?

I try to find the Error, why the Voltage do not increase.

It's clearly a bios error due to that RAM not being validated.
If you DISABLE XMP and set the RAM to 1.35v manually and enter in the primary timings manually, it still doesn't work?
Still 1.1v even with XMP disabled?

Maybe try to contact an Asus engineer to get this RAM tested?

ehnoah
Level 7
Yep. Even with disabled it shows 1.092 V some rare cases it shows 1.110 V

What I got now: XMP disabled. RAM on 2800 MHZ Voltage on 1.35 and Timings as on Case only the First 3 changed to 16:18:36

Still shows 1.092 V or 1.10 V so could it Really a BIOs issue?

I can get 3000 to Run with 17-17-17-39 as tradeoff but Voltage not change.like Something is blocking it.

NemesisChild
Level 12
ehnoah wrote:
Hey,

So I got the XI Board and using this RAM

https://www.corsair.com/de/de/Kategorien/Produkte/Arbeitsspeicher/DOMINATOR%C2%AE-PLATINUM-Special-E...

With XMP it ran fine on the X Board. Sadly I broke it. With the XMP Profile on the XI it just fail to boot.

It says 1.35 V on settings but it stays on 1.1 V no matter What I put There. So I am Curious where the error comes from

BIOS 8505 the latest.

I think you mean bios 0805.

Did this also happen on previous bios versions? You may need to wait for a new bios version/update to see if it corrects the issue.

However, there have been other reports of this problem with Maximus boards. The only solution was to RMA the board for a replacement.

You may want to call ASUS tech support to have them verify this and initiate a RMA.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
I think you mean bios 0805.

Did this also happen on previous bios versions? You may need to wait for a new bios version/update to see if it corrects the issue.

However, there have been other reports of this problem with Maximus boards. The only solution was to RMA the board for a replacement.

You may want to call ASUS tech support to have them verify this and initiate a RMA.

I RMAed on Amazon, hope I get my money back. New Board working fine.