cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime z370-a Realtek driver issue

psuhammer
Level 7
Evening,

I have this motherboard running Windows 10 x64 (latest updates). I am using the Realtek onboard HD sound adapter with a rear and front panel connection to my case. Things have been working fine until recently when I updated to the latest driver and this (see attached photo) screen started popping up every so often (15 mins?). The screen will flash and sound cut out just before this pops up. Then, back to normal. How do I stop this?

I have a set of desktop speakers plugged into the green port on the back of the motherboard, by the way. I am not unplugging them.

16 REPLIES 16

psuhammer
Level 7
Just wanted to bump this as it is still an issue. Just hoping someone else has experienced this. I have tried everything. Drivers, firmware, latest BIOS, etc. It is as if randomly the sound cuts out and this prompt pops up. It's as if the driver uninstalls then reinstalls immediately.

I will try to look at event manager for the next instance to see if there is any correlation with events.

toronto699
Level 13
Please Read These 2 threads , I have same issue Pop Up Device Connected" No Fix Yet I Am At The Point Of Buying Another Brand PC
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?109477-Sound-New-device-connected

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?109529

One consistent thing I have read is that Windows feature release 1809 wrecked havoc on audio devices. I do have that version installed. 1903 was just released so I am attempting to install that update and see if the issue is resolved. Will update this thread for others that may have this issue.

I have the same board with no audio issues with windows 10 but I don't load the realtek drivers. I use the built in windows 10 drivers. Try removing the Realtek drivers and let windows find the built in ones.

psuhammer
Level 7
Thanks. With updated drivers, here is what I get now. It almost appears as if the driver unloads.

You can see the pop up that happens here:

Once I click through the prompt, it reverts back to normal as shown here:

Finally, here is the driver details:

toronto699
Level 13
cmos The Windows Driver Has The Same Issue Device Connected POP UP ,

Then you have a hardware issue.

toronto699
Level 13
No Its Not A Hardware Issue , I Brought My Machine To An Asus Service Centre , They Say Not Hardware Issue , Read The Other Two Threads , Asus Service Center Said W 10 issue , Microsoft Support Said W10 issue

psuhammer
Level 7
1903 did not fix the issue for me.