cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix Z390 H Gaming boot issue

iAzriel
Level 7
Hi! So, I installed the latest BIOS version (2012), restored factory settings and afterwards I have only enabled XMP II profile and messed with the fan speeds only. Everything else is on default. Every now and the then, when I power up the system, it restarts in a loop, even before showing the ROG bios logo. Only option is to hold the power button in order to end the restart loop, bios on the next power up goes to safe mode. Reset to factory settings and save exit, afterwards enabling XMP II and the fan profiles and it boots normally. It does that once every week. I was thinking of a RAM issue (G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZ) but it is 100% compatible with the mobo and it worked just fine with the previous BIOS. Any ideas please?
6 REPLIES 6

Legolas
Level 9
Did you try XMP I? Did you try running memory at default speeds and see if loop occurs or not?
Sincerely,
Legolas

Hello.

I have got the ASUS Z390-H ROG Strix motherboard.I might have got similar issue but mine is a bit diffrent.When i tun it on every first time the pc start and turns off quicly to restart again and from there it starts to runnormaly.Is this some kind of memory compalibity issue beacuse my memory is not the qualidfied memeries list but as it seems it just runs fine but this restart every time when i turn my machine on after turning it off.Just makes me suspicius about the ram i use three sticks 3200ghz 3x8gb 24 gb of ram.Do i have got some kind of memory issue with the ram?Or.I just need to buy new sticks that are listed on the qualified vendors list for this motherboard?What should i do?

Jank0 wrote:
Hello.

I have got the ASUS Z390-H ROG Strix motherboard.I mioght have got similar issue but mine i a bit diffrent.When i tun it on every first time the pc start and turn off to restart again.Is this some kind of memory compalibity issue veacuse my memory is not the qualidfied memeries list but as it seems it just runs fine but this restart every time when i turn my machine on after turning it off.Just makes me suspicius about the ram i use three stick 3200ghz 3x8gb 24 gb of ram.Do i have gotz some kind oif memory issue with the ram?Or.I just need to buy new stick that are listed on the qualified vendors list for this motherboard?What should i do?

This behavior is normal, yes. Memory training requires power cycles.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
This behavior is normal, yes. Memory training requires power cycles.

sorry to say this is not normal as when you look the error logs in windows it shows a critical error where Windows has shut down unexpectedly. When the double boot happens it gets close to loading windows then shuts downs and starts again this is not normal behaviour for a pc, when many of us have ssd's the power off random count will increase rapidly as the ssd logs how many times the pc has shut down unexpectedly.

I have the same issue even with 4 sticks of 8 gb ram my mobo starts twice.I don't know why it is still an issue to me.I turn it on and it starts with a short kind of boot after that it starts normaly and runs just fine,but this happenes every time i turn my pc on.

Jank0 wrote:
Hello.

I have got the ASUS Z390-H ROG Strix motherboard.I mioght have got similar issue but mine i a bit diffrent.When i tun it on every first time the pc start and turn off to restart again.Is this some kind of memory compalibity issue veacuse my memory is not the qualidfied memeries list but as it seems it just runs fine but this restart every time when i turn my machine on after turning it off.Just makes me suspicius about the ram i use three stick 3200ghz 3x8gb 24 gb of ram.Do i have gotz some kind oif memory issue with the ram?Or.I just need to buy new stick that are listed on the qualified vendors list for this motherboard?What should i do?

sorry to say this is not normal as when you look the error logs in windows it shows a critical error where Windows has shut down unexpectedly. When the double boot happens it gets close to loading windows then shuts downs and starts again this is not normal behaviour for a pc, when many of us have ssd's the power off randomly count will increase rapidly as the ssd logs how many times the pc has shut down unexpectedly.