ROG Member Array

Asus Strix Z390 H Gaming boot issue

Hi! So, I installed the latest BIOS version (2012), restored factory settings and afterwards I have only enabled XMP II profile and messed with the fan speeds only. Everything else is on default. Every now and the then, when I power up the system, it restarts in a loop, even before showing the ROG bios logo. Only option is to hold the power button in order to end the restart loop, bios on the next power up goes to safe mode. Reset to factory settings and save exit, afterwards enabling XMP II and the fan profiles and it boots normally. It does that once every week. I was thinking of a RAM issue (G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZ) but it is 100% compatible with the mobo and it worked just fine with the previous BIOS. Any ideas please?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Legolas PC Specs
    Legolas PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Hero Wifi AC
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8600k oc 5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Samsung DDR4 16GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS NVIDIA GTX 1080
    MonitorASUS MS246
    Storage #1Samsung MZVPV256
    Storage #2Samsung MZVPV256
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110I v2
    Power SupplyPC 1200W Turbo-Cool 1200
    Keyboard ASUS SK2045

Did you try XMP I? Did you try running memory at default speeds and see if loop occurs or not?
    Sincerely,
    Legolas

New ROGer Array

Arrow Do i have got a memory compalibity issue or memory tuning just not working?

Hello.

I have got the ASUS Z390-H ROG Strix motherboard.I mioght have got similar issue but mine i a bit diffrent.When i tun it on every first time the pc start and turn off to restart again.Is this some kind of memory compalibity issue veacuse my memory is not the qualidfied memeries list but as it seems it just runs fine but this restart every time when i turn my machine on after turning it off.Just makes me suspicius about the ram i use three stick 3200ghz 3x8gb 24 gb of ram.Do i have gotz some kind oif memory issue with the ram?Or.I just need to buy new stick that are listed on the qualified vendors list for this motherboard?What should i do?

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jank0 View Post
    Hello.

I have got the ASUS Z390-H ROG Strix motherboard.I mioght have got similar issue but mine i a bit diffrent.When i tun it on every first time the pc start and turn off to restart again.Is this some kind of memory compalibity issue veacuse my memory is not the qualidfied memeries list but as it seems it just runs fine but this restart every time when i turn my machine on after turning it off.Just makes me suspicius about the ram i use three stick 3200ghz 3x8gb 24 gb of ram.Do i have gotz some kind oif memory issue with the ram?Or.I just need to buy new stick that are listed on the qualified vendors list for this motherboard?What should i do?
    This behavior is normal, yes. Memory training requires power cycles.

ROG Enthusiast Array AliAPCMR PC Specs
    AliAPCMR PC Specs
    MotherboardZ390 E
    Processori5 9600k
    Memory (part number)Corsair RGB Vengeance (Corsair CMR16GX4M2A2666C16)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1070 EVGA FTW
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX
    MonitorSamsung 1080p 40inch 3D Tv
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 500gb SSD
    Storage #23TB & 2TB &500GB HDD
    CPU CoolerNoctua U12S
    CaseNZXT Noctis 450
    Power Supply850 wats EVGA SUPERNOVA
    Keyboard Corsair Raptor K30
    Mouse Logitec M305
    Headset Creative Sound Blasters Rage V2 Wireless (RGB)
    OS Windows 10 (Latest Update)
    Accessory #1 NZXT GRID V2
    Accessory #2 NZXT HUE PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by Jank0 View Post
    Hello.

sorry to say this is not normal as when you look the error logs in windows it shows a critical error where Windows has shut down unexpectedly. When the double boot happens it gets close to loading windows then shuts downs and starts again this is not normal behaviour for a pc, when many of us have ssd's the power off randomly count will increase rapidly as the ssd logs how many times the pc has shut down unexpectedly.

ROG Enthusiast Array AliAPCMR PC Specs
    AliAPCMR PC Specs
    MotherboardZ390 E
    Processori5 9600k
    Memory (part number)Corsair RGB Vengeance (Corsair CMR16GX4M2A2666C16)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1070 EVGA FTW
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX
    MonitorSamsung 1080p 40inch 3D Tv
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 500gb SSD
    Storage #23TB & 2TB &500GB HDD
    CPU CoolerNoctua U12S
    CaseNZXT Noctis 450
    Power Supply850 wats EVGA SUPERNOVA
    Keyboard Corsair Raptor K30
    Mouse Logitec M305
    Headset Creative Sound Blasters Rage V2 Wireless (RGB)
    OS Windows 10 (Latest Update)
    Accessory #1 NZXT GRID V2
    Accessory #2 NZXT HUE PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    This behavior is normal, yes. Memory training requires power cycles.
    sorry to say this is not normal as when you look the error logs in windows it shows a critical error where Windows has shut down unexpectedly. When the double boot happens it gets close to loading windows then shuts downs and starts again this is not normal behaviour for a pc, when many of us have ssd's the power off random count will increase rapidly as the ssd logs how many times the pc has shut down unexpectedly.