Cache Ratio

evry1lovel
Level 7
I’m not familiar with this. What should I set this to?*
11 REPLIES 11

Menthol
Level 14
evry1lovel,
You'll need to list your hardware for anyone to help answer your questions, and your other overclock settings

Menthol wrote:
evry1lovel,
You'll need to list your hardware for anyone to help answer your questions, and your other overclock settings

Maximus xi
32gb trident royal
150i pro cooler

5.0gjz at 1.285 adaptive setting temps 78-88 degrees
Lvl 7 LLC
Xmp II
Cache??*

Menthol
Level 14
Overclocking Cache will increase memory bandwidth and performance by a small amount that probably isn't noticeable in daily use and may require a small increase in vcore voltage and or VCCIO and VCSSA voltage for stability, the amount you can overclock and the voltages need depends on your CPU sample, as a rule of hand I increase it to keep the the difference between core and cache ratio as factory defaults and may not require any voltage increase that generates additional heat for daily use.

I have my 9900K set to 5.1 ghz @ 1.33 volts and cache at 4.7 with the same cooling as you but I have a 2 module 16 GB kit of memory which is less strain on the IMC

You may need to retest stability as memory errors can corrupt an OS, follow the advice given in your other thread by Arne and ROB, especially about AVX offset

Menthol wrote:
Overclocking Cache will increase memory bandwidth and performance by a small amount that probably isn't noticeable in daily use and may require a small increase in vcore voltage and or VCCIO and VCSSA voltage for stability, the amount you can overclock and the voltages need depends on your CPU sample, as a rule of hand I increase it to keep the the difference between core and cache ratio as factory defaults and may not require any voltage increase that generates additional heat for daily use.

I have my 9900K set to 5.1 ghz @ 1.33 volts and cache at 4.7 with the same cooling as you but I have a 2 module 16 GB kit of memory which is less strain on the IMC

You may need to retest stability as memory errors can corrupt an OS, follow the advice given in your other thread by Arne and ROB, especially about AVX offset

I have the same as you. Do you mind sharing your UFEI specs? 5.1 is pushing it for me. Just 5.0 for me haha. What’s your LLC and avx set to?

So for some reason. Now I run 5.0ghz at 1.285 adaptive mode. Realbench stops saying instability detective. The only I’ve done was trying to go for lower voltage. Currently AVX is auto and 6 LLC

Menthol
Level 14
Sounds good, I have LLC 6, AVX -1

Menthol wrote:
Sounds good, I have LLC 6, AVX -1

how is it good lol realbench stops running due to instability.

evry1lovel wrote:
how is it good lol realbench stops running due to instability.

Sorry I misunderstood. You may need to raise vcore to find stability, especially if you raise cache frequency.
Check Silicon lottery binned vcore for 9900k, you may have a better sample CPU

https://siliconlottery.com/collections/all

HisEvilness
Level 7
For higher overclock do not use adaptive it might created instability's in the vcore, it has so with me anyway.
But your ringbus(Cache Ratio) is basically the highway inside your CPU if traffic is to fast it might crash.

Start with a Ringbus of 43 then see how far you can push the cores without generating to much heat and -3 or -4 AVX.
Then increase the AVX i can do -1 on my 8086k for the 9900k that might be to much with generating to much heat.
Got the AVX settled then do the ringbus but it is like a 1% performance thing so don;t sweet it even if you have to leave it at stock 43.