cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing of Asus Rampage vi extreme omega

Counteragent
Level 8
Hi Guys,

Just a questions in regards to the motherboard VI Omega. Been using the ROG Range for years n years now with a lot of pride in the boards they've offered.

Today I received my Omega via an Australian reseller shipped overnight.

Only to find the motherboard box with no shrink wrap or even a security label to prevent anyone from prying into the box n looking / causing problems.

Just wanted to know if you folks also had the same?

I really would have thought such a high end MB would have those QA checks in place?

Here in Australia the board sets back at least $1150.

Thanks

P.S I still love the look of the board and my goodness doesn't it have some weight to it.
MB: ASUS Rampage V Extreme
CPU: Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Edition
RAM: Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2800MHz
PSU: Corsair AX1200i Digital ATX Modular
GFX: 3 x EVGA GTX Titan Black Superclocked 6GB
SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 Pro Series 512Gb SSD Raid 0
HDD: 2 x WD4003FZEX WD Black 4TB Raid 0
1234;
2 x WD1000DHTZ WD VelociRaptor 1TB Raid 0
MON: Dell Ultra Sharp 32 Ultra HD Monitor - UP3214Q
CASE: Silverstone Temjin TJ11 Black with Window Case
9 REPLIES 9

RichKnecht
Level 7
My box was not shrink wrapped or sealed in any way. So, in theory, one could open it up and look at it before it was sold/bought.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Retailers want it easy when merchandise is returned to ship it right back out as new...no other explanation for this and seems MB manufacturers are happy to play along

So, unfortunately this is standard on even top of the line boards.

I always unbox wearing gloves and check the socket for bent pins and the board for finger prints...it's almost impossible to handle a board and clean it up to new standards...so if you see no marks,prints or scratches the board is as it should be...new.

Despite the obvious disadvantage to the consumer...I have only ever seen one board that arrived second hand but sold as new...I photographed it and had it replaced instantly.

Rob_W_
Level 12
Both my R6E + an rma one arrived , no shrinkwrap .

Rob W. wrote:
Both my R6E + an rma one arrived , no shrinkwrap .

what condition did your RMA board come in ? I just sent my rampage vi extreme out for RMA. I'm worried to get some beat up old unit back. until then I bought an omega in the mean time

Johnnie
Level 10
Dear Mates,

When i got my Rampage VI Extreme Omega from ABCData, it was same as Yours guys. No shrink wrap or security label. But MB was new (i`m really hope so), because there was no fingerprints on it, and all protective films was on it.

Best regards,
Johnnie

ROGman2
Level 7
Yeah, my motherboard box was not sealed but felt new when I took it out of the static bag and it also had all of the protective plastic on. I always check the CPU pins too.

ROGman2
Level 7
Correction, no static bag - just the static sheet on the back of the MB..

BlackhatEspeed
Level 7
My motherboard was not in a sealed box.
MB: ASUS Rampage VI Apex
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900X 10 Core OCed 4.5GHZ
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR4-3600
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 80+ TITANIUM, 1600W Power Supply
GFX: Zotac 1080 Ti 11GB Mini
VROC: 2 x Intel 7600Ps 512GB
PCH: 2 x Intel 7600Ps 512GB
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
MON: Acer Predator X34P 34" Curved Gaming Monitor 120HZ
CASE: Cooler Master Storm Trooper (Window)
LCS: Corsair H115I RGB Platinum 280MM

LiveOrDie
Level 11
None of these boards come sealed most of the time they get unboxed a handful of times to do rework before Asus is happy with there rushed out products. my R6E had hand prints all over it and no plastic at all on the board, they reworked the VRM cooler on these after they found out they didn't cool very well.