cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI APEX Temperature issue?

gamersnom
Level 7
Hello,
I just finished my Maximus XI Apex build with 9900k, 3200MHz 16 GB Ram, Nvme ssd installed on DIMM.2 slot and GTX 1080Ti.
When i went to hwinfo/hwmonitor i found one of the temperature (TEMP4) of the MB is very high. about 80 to 85 C and the rest seems fine within 30 C.. Does anyone know what part of the MB that showed up in such high temp??

thanks..

10 REPLIES 10

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
That shows up in HWiNFO64?

HWMonitor is well known for reporting made up temps for sensors that don't exist....it's reporting 10 degrees for TMPIN6....you in the garden shed?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
That shows up in HWiNFO64?

HWMonitor is well known for reporting made up temps for sensors that don't exist....it's reporting 10 degrees for TMPIN6....you in the garden shed?

at first, it also showed up on hwinfo64 as "temp2",, but when i updated hwinfo64 to the latest version it disappear..

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
OK...so I reckon that's just a "false positive"...I'd stick with HWiNFO64 for now...:)

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
OK...so I reckon that's just a "false positive"...I'd stick with HWiNFO64 for now...:)

thanks for your response Arne.. 🙂

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
As above. If it bothers you, I'd contact HWInfo and ask them what they're referencing.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
As above. If it bothers you, I'd contact HWInfo and ask them what they're referencing.

Thanks in advance,,

HWinfo64 doesn't have it anymore, HwMonitor does.. but it still bothers me because it shows on other monitoring software like corsair's iCue and NZXT's CAM software that i'm using for RGB services..... Is it going to be bad for the motherboard?

NZXT CAM
Corsair iCue

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:

Thanks in advance,,

HWinfo64 doesn't have it anymore, HwMonitor does.. but it still bothers me because it shows on other monitoring software like corsair's iCue and NZXT's CAM software that i'm using for RGB services..... Is it going to be bad for the motherboard?

NZXT CAM
Corsair iCUE

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
HWiNFO64 doesn't have it because it doesn't exist...so how can it be bad for the board? The reason I asked above is that HWiNFO64 is regularly updated with board profiles to avoid exactly this kind of thing. HWMonitor is always displaying temp in the hundreds of degrees...

The other software is also more bloatware than software....They all have 15 degrees and 9 degrees reported too....are you in an igloo? It's impossible for parts of your board to be below ambient temp...

It's worth noting that if you run more than one program that polls sensors they can often throw out garbage readings...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
HWiNFO64 doesn't have it because it doesn't exist...so how can it be bad for the board? The reason I asked above is that HWiNFO64 is regularly updated with board profiles to avoid exactly this kind of thing. HWMonitor is always displaying temp in the hundreds of degrees...

The other software is also more bloatware than software....They all have 15 degrees and 9 degrees reported too....are you in an igloo? It's impossible for parts of your board to be below ambient temp...

It's worth noting that if you run more than one program that polls sensors they can often throw out garbage readings...

Allright Arne, thanks for convincing... 🙂