cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displayport on Maximus XI Hero @i9-9900K

cniedzi
Level 8
Hi,

I've connected my Acer 144Hz 1440p monitor via Displayport onboard connector - it is not working in POST/BIOS nor in Windows 10 (no signal). HDMI works like a charm (but tested on other monitor; my Acer has only DP input).
When connected via DP on my GTX 1080 Ti, everything goes ok.

Do you have such experience? What's can be wrong?
4 REPLIES 4

gamersnom
Level 7
maybe you should try with another DP connector..

Luck100
Level 7
I also have an Acer 144Hz gsync monitor with only Displayport input. Same exact problem as you. It was very annoying when I first built my PC as I couldn't get displayport output on either motherboard or GPU in order to do the initial Windows install. I had to connect to my TV with hdmi to get past initial windows install.

If you change monitor refresh rate to 120 Hz or lower, I think you'll be able to use motherboard Displayport. Probably intel IGPU or drivers don't support 144 Hz.

Luck100 wrote:
I also have an Acer 144Hz gsync monitor with only Displayport input. Same exact problem as you. It was very annoying when I first built my PC as I couldn't get displayport output on either motherboard or GPU in order to do the initial Windows install. I had to connect to my TV with hdmi to get past initial windows install.

If you change monitor refresh rate to 120 Hz or lower, I think you'll be able to use motherboard Displayport. Probably intel IGPU or drivers don't support 144 Hz.

Fortunatelly connection over DP from my GTX 1080Ti does work in BIOS.
Is it possible to change refresh to specific rate inside Acer 144Hz only?

Enter windows using displayport with your 1080ti, change desktop resolution to 120 Hz or lower (maybe 60 Hz just to be safe). Then power off, swap displayport cable to your motherboard graphics, and try powering back up. I think the monitor remembers the last refresh rate it was using and tries to do that next time you boot.