cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX502VM CPU temp problems with core.

Allard_gorssel
Level 7
Hi everybody,

So im having heating issues with my FX502VM. I know there are alot of threats about the GL502 (since its practicly the same) but i think this one has a different problem.

I recently changed my backplate, bought a new one and did a cooling modification on that one. I added extra ventilation holes now directly above the fans. In theory this should be alot better. For the GPU it did. The temps almost never go above 70 degrees Celcius instead of 80/85 degrees that it was.
Sadly with the CPU nothing really has changed with the temps. The package temp still goes up to 95/100 degrees Celcius. However i am noticing a rather big difference in the core temps. Core #0 and #2 both reached a maximum of 98 degrees Celcius while core #1 and #3 diddnt even went higher than 73 degrees Celcius. Images gives a clear view of the problem.
The CPU temps were around 95 degrees Celcius before i did the cooling modification.

Now dust isnt a problem since i cleaned the pc like 2 days ago.
This is really frustating since the I7 now constantly revs up, then sees the high temp, speed goes down again. This repeats itself constantly.

Specs:
ASUS FX502VM-FY250T
Intel Core I7-7700HQ
Nvidia 1060 3GB
16GB Ram
512GB SSD

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

DymOK
Level 7
Check the pressure of heat sink to CPU. Also you can repaste it.

raju2529
Level 7
Same Temps are there in different rooms and different locations .
I think heat sink is spoiled or not working
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754