cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G20AJ: Virtualization Technology enabled in BIOS = no video signal

Jerbs
Level 7
I enabled my processors Virtualization Technology option within BIOS. When the system saved and reset, there is no longer any video signal being sent out from my 980GTX.

I have tried both the DVI and HDMI connections of the GTX. I have even tried the onboard HDMI connection, but no luck. I've tried to clear CMOS with the jumper inside the PC, but still no signal is being sent out from any DVI or HDMI outlet.

So I'm not sure what I'm meant to do. I can't get into BIOS to change settings (no display to see what I'm doing).

Any advice??
3 REPLIES 3

Jerbs
Level 7
I'm noticing that there is no constant power to the USB mouse or k/board (I unplug the mouse then plug it back in and there it lights up for only a couple of seconds), so I'm assuming the boot process isn't getting very far? But I'm not sure how to get back to how the system was prior to enabling Virtualization Technology.

Jerbs wrote:
I'm noticing that there is no constant power to the USB mouse or k/board (I unplug the mouse then plug it back in and there it lights up for only a couple of seconds), so I'm assuming the boot process isn't getting very far? But I'm not sure how to get back to how the system was prior to enabling Virtualization Technology.

You can do clear cmos by opening the case and switch the cmos jumper. Or you can take out your gtx 980 from the board, and run your pc through intel integrated graphic, Plug hdmi cable to the integrated port, so you can go to bios setting with working keyboard and chgange the bios setting.

Jerbs
Level 7
Thanks for the suggestions, sadly no go 😞 I've tried:
- removing battery (left out for 5min)
- changing CMOS jumper (turning on with no power connected; with power connected)
- taken out 980 and connected monitor via onboard HDMI port
- left 980 in and connected monitor via 980 HDMi and DVI ports
- used 2 different monitors
- used the original 780

Everything I've tried has had the same result
- CPU fans kick on high for a few seconds then stop/run slow
- monitors don't detect a video signal
- USB k/board doesn't power up (numlock light doesn't come on)

This issue only happened after enabling "Virtualization Technology" within the BIOS.