Storage #2Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U14S
    CaseFractal Design Meshify
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 550 G3
    Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS Pro
    Mouse Kingston HyperX Pulsefire
    Mouse Pad Kingston HyperX
    OS Slackware 14.2 x64 & Windows 10 x64

Banging Your Head? - You Need To Check Out the "MSI Optix G24C" 144hz - 1ms Monitor!

Hello,

I hope those that have been going crazy like me, trying to find a nice gaming monitor see this post!

Now granted I haven't played/tried every gaming monitor out there.

These are 3 that I tried and sent back!

BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P
    BenQ ZOWIE XL2536
    Acer Predator XB271H

Out of these 3 monitors IMHO the MSI Optix G24C is just as good if not better and I'll explain why.

1. Both BenQ are TN Panels, 144hz, but the color, contrast, brightness was not good.

2. The Acer was nice, it was TN, but the TN panel almost looked like an IPS and it came with GSync, but for almost $500USD I didn't think it was worth the price, it was also 27" @1080P. 27 inches just felt uncomfortable gaming on at 1080P to big...

Ok, the The MSI Optix G24C is a curved panel, and I read a lot about these and thought BAH forget this, just a fad/gimmick, and maybe that's true! But the VA panel on this thing for the money is amazing, it looks just as nice as an IPS.

The MSI has a killer looking VA panel on it, it's also 144hz and with only 1 MS Response time too, and the price is inexpensive!

I mainly play Ring of Elysium, and I whip my mouse around like crazy at times looking around, and with VSync off, I never see any screen tear, it feels just as smooth and fluid as the Acer with GSync, I was really blown away!

So bottom line, I was looking around at all the so called Big Names out there, BenQ, Asus, Acer, etc... but I never ever considered a curved monitor, until I saw it at a local store, and I thought why not, I can always return it.

To date, this is the best looking, gaming monitor I have ever played for the money!

You want a fast/smooth 144HZ 1ms monitor, that won't kill your bank, you need to seriously try and find one of these!

Yes the Curve is funky, it is 1080P, but I guess this is for those that want a fast FPS like monitor, or something that is Gaming Killer, that won't kill your pocket book, it takes little time to get use to the curve, but after some time using it you'll hardly ever notice it!

Just remember, if you didn't know, if you like to play those ULTRA HIGH GRAPHICS SETTINGS, it takes more GPU power to do so, that is why lower resolution on a lower end card will let you use those ULTRA settings!

I hope this helps someone!

Link to MSI Optix G24C;
    https://www.msi.com/product/monitor/Optix-G24C.html

PEACE
    Last edited by SlackROG; 03-10-2019 at 04:31 AM.