cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trident Z 2933 unstable

t_c_n_
Level 7
Hi!

1950x, Zenith Extreme, Trident Z "2933" (AMD edition). Latest BIOS (1701)

With the D.O.C.P. profile the system happens to crash (freeze) hard all of a sudden without tangible reason (mostly after wakeup but also in operation and while being mostly idle). Sometimes as early as during boot sometime after a few days.

Bad luck with RAM or anything worth trying? 2133 runs fine.

thx
tcn
7 REPLIES 7

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
What exact kit...a single quad channel kit?

What is DOCP setting for DRAM voltage and SOC voltage?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
What exact kit...a single quad channel kit?

What is DOCP setting for DRAM voltage and SOC voltage?

Woo, that was quick 🙂

F4-2933C14Q2-64GTZRX, yep single quad.

DOCP sets things like this:

CPU Core: Auto (1.373V)
CPU SOC: Auto (1.111V)
DRAM AB: 1.35V
DRAM CD: 1.35V
1.8V PLL: Auto (1.809V)
1.05V SB: Auto (1.047V)

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Can I ask why you've listed Vcore?...is XMP setting that? Do you have the CPU all core OC'd or stock with PBR

For 64GB maybe the SOC is a bit low?

Just to see if it stabilises I'd try a smidge more DRAM...like 1.36...1.375..and try 1.2 or 1.25 SOC

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Can I ask why you've listed Vcore?...is XMP setting that? Do you have the CPU all core OC'd or stock with PBR

For 64GB maybe the SOC is a bit low?

Just to see if it stabilises I'd try a smidge more DRAM...like 1.36...1.375..and try 1.2 or 1.25 SOC

Vcore: no particular reason 🙂

OC is also "Auto" (default), I'm actually not quite sure whether or not this is just PBR. Max I've observed so far is ~4.2 GHz briefly.

I'll try to set fixed voltages (my hope was that Auto is smart enough to do that on demand). The pesky thing here is that I don't know how to cause a crash (doesn't matter if the machine is under load or anything) so I'll usually have to wait for up to a few days (and it might even harm your file system...).

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Maybe give it something to do...test with HCI memtest or better Karhu RAMTest

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Maybe give it something to do...test with HCI memtest or better Karhu RAMTest

Well, memtest86 ran just fine (for like a day or so)... 🙂

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Unfortunately that's not up to snuff for these new platforms...especially for detecting intermittent problems...