cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which versions of CHVII Wi-Fi bios support P-State overclocking?

Stalkholm
Level 7
Title.

I'd really like to enable variable voltage on my CHVII Wi-Fi, but it seems that was removed or broken in recent AGESA updates. Hopefully one of you good people remember which version of the bios/AGESA support that P-State overclocking. I know it's silly, people have reassured me that 46°@idle isn't too bad for an overclocked CPU, but I want those low, low temperatures.

Currently I'm on bios 1002, as the two most recent break bios my H150i cooler, and cannot enable variable voltage, so presumably I need a bios earlier than 1002. (... and I'd rather not manually test each and every bios to find what I'm looking for.)

TIA for any insight or advice you can offer!
2 REPLIES 2

gupsterg
Level 13
I wouldn't recommend using a UEFI prior to 1002, as some of them don't have ASUS WMI or if they do it's borked.

Make sure your OS power plan has CPU min.state ~5%. Enable Global C-State Control within Advanced > AMD CBS > Zen Common Options. You should then have down volting if do a PState 0 OC.

Due to changes in AGESA and not ASUS code, we only get like a pseudo down volt situation, see this post.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

gupsterg wrote:
Due to changes in AGESA and not ASUS code, we only get like a pseudo down volt situation, see this post.

Crud. I've already tried force enabling C-states with no luck. I've tried setting offset voltages, I've tried setting the voltages in the p-state settings, tried with and without c-states forced, I always end up with a constant voltage. At this point it seems like I'm just going to have to wait until ASUS puts out a new stable bios that I can use (the two most recent bios bug my system out.)

Well, thanks for the help, guess I'm back at square one on this.