cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GL504GM] Unrealistic Battery drop

dan_himura
Level 7
Hi again everyone.

After fixing the random sound disappearing problem I got an issue even more stressful: the battery more or less at 54% just drops dead.

If I try to boot the laptop at 54%, only after login in, the battery icon shows "54% (30 minutes remaining)". Then I put the mouse over again and shows "54% (10 minutes remaining), I reboot and at the login screen it dies. Sometimes even without rebooting, it just dies without any low battery warning.

If I use my laptop to watch movies from 100% it works perfectly fine: it show the warning at 20% and lasts another half an hour at least. If I use it until 60% and then turn it off and turn it on again after days, this issue happens.

Few bootup programs enable (mainly steam and nvidia experience), issue appearing in charging mode "Balanced mode" and "Full capacity mode".

Also, I cannot use my laptop if I plug it in right after it died. It seems like it has to wait for the battery to charge a little before being able to boot it. That is absurd, every other laptop I owned it would have used directly the power coming from the charger, instead of waiting for the battery to have a small amount of charging.

Anyone else has this issue?

It is incredible that my laptop has all this issues after 3 months of life. I contacted Asus service, if they are not going to fix it I think I will have to change manufacturer. For me it is sad, because I LOVED the N551JM and now I'm stuck with this black brick of misery.
32 REPLIES 32

thafunker
Level 7
I have the same exact problem

Exact same problem here too. I have found that if I am watching movies before bed, I will get the battery low notification, then charge it up, and when done continue watching on battery power no problem. And then when I actually go to sleep, I will shut down the computer, close it and the very next morning when boot it up, I get logged in and as soon as my apps start loading up it just shuts down. (Take note that I will check the battery is at 69% for example)

When I plug it back in, and boot the computer up, the battery indicator says 0%. This is incredibly frustrating, especially after 4 Months!!! Paid so much money for this to sit with such a stupid issue. Very disappointed.

I really don't know how to fix this issue.. new battery?

I just logged in at 58%... brutal shut down without any notification.. plugged the charger, re-start the computer and showing 0%.. so frustrating

i also have the bios 304 GL504GW

TX2000
Level 8
it started happening to me too i have a GL504GW. the only difference is that i have Windows 10 1903. It didn't happen before the update. Do you guys have windows ver 1903?

TX2000
Level 8
i think the culprit is the hybrid shutdown that windows 10 have. Still testing

Guys, try disabling Fast Start from the Power Management in Windows, and Fast Boot from the BIOS.

TX2000 wrote:
i think the culprit is the hybrid shutdown that windows 10 have. Still testing

Nope Same problem is not the fast startup options on power settings