cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build Internet Problems

Sangimil
Level 7
Hello all,

I am running a new build CH7 Hero WiFi (build 1201) with a 2700 running win10 pro. I am experiencing a problem where my Internet speeds will not exceed 20mbps on a 100mbps service. I have verified the speed to be close to if not at 100 mbps on several other (WiFi) devices. This PC happens to be hard wired (Ethernet) but I have tested with both WiFi and Ethernet to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I browsed and searched but did not see much on the topic. The build seems to otherwise be operating flawlessly and on average it isn't a huge deal unless I am working on a big download which makes it frustrating.

I keep going back to it being the MoBo because of the built in network adapter and the fact that this issue is not effecting me anywhere else but this PC. I read a statement mentioning it could possibly be the seating of the 24 or 8 pin power connectors which I reseated and it actually appeared to work until the next time I rebooted.

Any help is appreciated. I may be missing a DNS setting or something and if it is that simple I would have to whack myself on the head. But again, its only plaguing this machine.

Thank you in advance.
1 REPLY 1

Sangimil
Level 7
I may have spoken too soon. I was doing a little digging around and found ASUS EZ Update in my taskbar. That allowed me to update Intel LAN Card from version 12.x to version 22.x and my speeds seems to have dramatically increased (threefold). I will come back for suggestions that people are willing to give but I still appreciate anything that people are willing to offer.

Again, thank you.