Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ninezerofive View Post
    I took it from the HDD side of things. I switched off the caching of HDD's & indexing and uninstalled the Rapid Storage Technology. It's fine now, that annoying stuff is gone.

I think the Rapid Storage by Intel was my main problem as soon as I uninstalled it - everything stopped, try, maybe it works for you too.
    Hi, would you mind sharing what exactly did you do to turn off indexing and catching? Thanks.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ninezerofive PC Specs
    ninezerofive PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop ? Ewww
    MotherboardMaximus XI Apex
    Processori7-9700K @ 5.2
    Memory (part number)Trident Z Royal 4000 / 2x8GB @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 1070 OC
    Storage #1Corsair MP510 960 GB
    Storage #2Seagate 3TB
    CPU CoolerROG Ryuo 240
    CaseROG Helios
    Power SupplyROG THOR 850W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio
    Headset ROG Cerberus
    Mouse Pad ROG Whetstone
    Accessory #1 ROG Terminal

Quote Originally Posted by captainsteven View Post
    Hi, would you mind sharing what exactly did you do to turn off indexing and catching? Thanks.
    https://lifehacker.com/turn-off-inde...ndows-xp-31440

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/enabl...ng-windows-7-8

ROG Member Array

@Ninezerofive I guess you are right. I arrived to the same conclusion but I am still testing.
    Try to uninstall Intel RST software and test the computer without it.
    In my case I did not have any problem for roughly a year even after updating Windows to ver. 10.0.17763.437. Then a couple of weeks ago I reinstalled the same Windows build but with all the latest drivers from ASUS web site and at the same time I updated the BIOS from 1602 to 1801; and the freeze and sound pop up problem started. I had a freeze of 4-5 s every 2-3 hours roughly. I use the on-board Realtek High Def. as default sound device and the HDMI Nvidia VC as Default Communication Device. The problem was not correlated with actually using a communication software like Skype. The latest Microsoft patch did not solved the problem.
    So the problem had to be the BIOS or one of the new drivers. I downgraded the BIOS back to 1602 and went up through all the version to the 1901 without solving the issue. Then I started with the drivers; on the ASUS web site at the moment seems to be a mess with older drivers being posted on top of the newer ones, apps that do not work like intended (EZ update crying for chipset updates and being unable to install them, or the latest AURA which does not start). However what solved the problem was uninstalling the Intel RST software. I tested for 3 days without any issues so if you still have the problem try that and post back. I used before reinstalling Windows an older RST without any problems. My HDD config is one M.2 Samsung SSD PRO 512 (with the old firmware 2B6QCXP7 and Samsung NVMe Driver 3.1 and the interface in PCIEx4 mode ), one SSD WD Blue 512GB, and one WD Black 4 TB. Next step would be to try a different version of the RST.
    Good luck.

New ROGer Array Xelnaga PC Specs
    Xelnaga PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) (LGA1151)
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
    Memory (part number)Ram Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 2666 MHz CL16 Bianco
    Graphics Card #1Asus Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung U28E590 4K
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseCooler Master H500P MESH
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 750W
    Keyboard Logitech G213
    Mouse Steelserie Kinzu V2 Pro Edition
    Headset Steelserie 5H V2

@ ninezerofive

Quote Originally Posted by corneliufm View Post
    @Ninezerofive I guess you are right. I arrived to the same conclusion but I am still testing.
    Try to uninstall Intel RST software and test the computer without it.
    I unistalled Intel RST ... system more stable (less frequent freezes, system very stable overall) but problem NOT solved. It appear less frequently but still there with the usual syntoms "freeze and sound pop up problem . Freeze of 4-5 s now every 4-5 hours". So Intel RST doesn't appear to be the only problem at least.

Ok, installing Bios Version 0905 (11 April 2019) ... let's see if this solve (i doubt it!).
    Last edited by Xelnaga; 04-16-2019 at 11:46 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnaga View Post
    @ ninezerofive

I unistalled Intel RST ... system more stable (less frequent freezes, system very stable overall) but problem NOT solved. It appear less frequently but still there with the usual syntoms "freeze and sound pop up problem . Freeze of 4-5 s now every 4-5 hours". So Intel RST doesn't appear to be the only problem at least.

Ok, installing Bios Version 0905 (11 April 2019) ... let's see if this solve (i doubt it!).
    Same here. Uninstalling RST and disabling HDD caching did not solve the problem entirely but it did help make the freeze less frequent.

ROG Member Array

I'm now pretty sure the problem is the hard drive going to sleep. When I have my power plan set to Ultimate with the hard drive never turning off, I don't seem to have the issue. The problem is that when Windows updates, the power plan changes and the problem comes back. You have to manually change it back.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ninezerofive PC Specs
    ninezerofive PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop ? Ewww
    MotherboardMaximus XI Apex
    Processori7-9700K @ 5.2
    Memory (part number)Trident Z Royal 4000 / 2x8GB @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 1070 OC
    Storage #1Corsair MP510 960 GB
    Storage #2Seagate 3TB
    CPU CoolerROG Ryuo 240
    CaseROG Helios
    Power SupplyROG THOR 850W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio
    Headset ROG Cerberus
    Mouse Pad ROG Whetstone
    Accessory #1 ROG Terminal

If you are still having problems, look into the "Intel ME" Management Engine, try uninstalling that and see how things are then.

There's another guy here who's complaining about that particular piece of software. Personally I think it's all connected. Somehow that RST and ME is conflicting.

New ROGer Array

Just to chip in to this thread. I had this issue before installing BIOS 0905 and the same issues after the fact. As the last few posters have said since uninstalling RST and disabling caching and indexing the problem is way more infrequent. Might happen once or twice a day. The two things that have caused the most recent freezes were moving files on the desktop into the recycling bin and plugging in a USB storage device.

I will look at Intel ME and the power plans options next I guess.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array toronto699 PC Specs
    toronto699 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752-VY-DH78K , G751-JYDH72X
    MotherboardRog Tytan G30AB
    Processori7-4770K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Gold20th GTX980Ti
    Sound CardDell X-Fi Audigy SoundBlaster
    Monitor3 Acer K272HL
    Storage #1118 GB/OS
    Storage #22.72 TB
    CPU CoolerIntegrated Liquid-Cooled CPU
    CaseG30AB
    Power SupplyAsus 700 Watt
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    Mouse Razer Diamond Back
    Headset Sony Studio Professional , Razer Seiren Mic
    Mouse Pad Razer FireFly
    Headset/Speakers Logittech 5.1 Z-5500
    OS W 10
    Network RouterSagemon Fast 5250 Hub 2000

Today Windows Update Installed This Realtek Driver 6.0.1.8656 , I Uninstalled The New Driver And Installed My Older Asus Driver , The Pop Up DEVICE CONNECTED Happened Right Away With The Older Asus Driver , I am Not Sure If 6.0.1.8656 Is a Fix For The Pop Up Issue , I Prefer The Older Asus Driver , It Has Speaker Fill For My 7.1 Speaker Set Up , Here Is Link To Windows Realtek Driver Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-56d502e786ff

https://necacom.net/index.php/realte...-0-1-8656-whql
    Last edited by toronto699; 04-19-2019 at 07:41 PM.

ROG Member Array

I tested for more then a week after uninstalling Intel RST software. The problem disappeared completely and the computer is running flawlessly.
    Last edited by corneliufm; 04-20-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast