Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 1070 OC
    Storage #1Corsair MP510 960 GB
    Storage #2Seagate 3TB
    CPU CoolerROG Ryuo 240
    Power SupplyROG THOR 850W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio

Quote Originally Posted by corneliufm View Post
    I tested for more that a week after uninstalling Intel RST software. The problem disappeared completely and the computer is running flawlessly.
    Glad to hear that bro !

ROG Member Array letrasenumeros PC Specs
    letrasenumeros PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus X Hero (UEFI 1801)
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMD16GX4M2B3466C16
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HU
    Storage #1Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H100i PRO
    CaseCorsair Graphite 600T
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750i
    Keyboard Razer Cyclosa
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-540 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Home x64
    Accessory #1 Samsung SH-S183L DVDW

I did set the option "Turn off hard drives after x minutes" to "Never". No issues for several days.
    So I dit set it to 3 minutes. The problem returned.
    My next tests will be using other versions of RST.
    It is worth to mention that all drivers that I am using are from Asus website.
    I suspect that according the audio driver you will get a different symptom. The Asus Realtek driver will pop up the new device window, while the UAD driver will only freeze for some seconds.

ROG Enthusiast Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Hero (Wi-Fi)
    Processori7 8700K
    Memory (part number)HX433C16PB3K4/32
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorLG 34UC89G
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard Black Widow Ultimate
    Mouse Logitech G600
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X53

Quote Originally Posted by letrasenumeros View Post
    I did set the option "Turn off hard drives after x minutes" to "Never". No issues for several days.
    So I did set it to 3 minutes. The problem returned.
    My next tests will be using other versions of RST.
    It is worth to mention that all drivers that I am using are from Asus website.
    I suspect that according the audio driver you will get a different symptom. The Asus Realtek driver will pop up the new device window, while the UAD driver will only freeze for some seconds.
    One thing you might check is the fact you have a DVD drive installed. Win 10 has problems with seeing my drive. I just updated the firmware on the drive and it seems better, so if you have an older DVD drive, you may want to think about checking for a firmware update or disconnecting it for testing.

Also, if you have anything plugged into SATA 1. even if you aren't using the M.2_1, change it to another SATA connector if possible. I use M.2_2 so I have no connections on SATA 1, 5 or 6.

My system had been changing my 5.1 system back to Stereo and would not even let me set 5.1. I also realized the Realtek Audio UI was not even getting past the Blue display window. So I did what I always do and download the latest drivers for my system (Wi-Fi version 6.0.1.8468) from ASUS and then went offline and uninstalled the Sound device and all its drivers and the Realtek Audio App which did not reinstall. When I was finished uninstalling, it just showed HD audio In the Device Manger which is the Microsoft version so I proceeded to install the latest driver and after a reboot or two, may audio was back to normal. I did not go back online until the install was complete.

I saw some comments about using the front audio plugs, which are not for 5.1 audio... If you have the 3 plugs for the 5.1, make sure they are secure on both ends. You might try removing one for testing to see if the notices come back.

ROG Member Array letrasenumeros PC Specs
    letrasenumeros PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus X Hero (UEFI 1801)
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMD16GX4M2B3466C16
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HU
    Storage #1Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H100i PRO
    CaseCorsair Graphite 600T
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750i
    Keyboard Razer Cyclosa
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-540 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Home x64
    Accessory #1 Samsung SH-S183L DVDW

Quote Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
    One thing you might check is the fact you have a DVD drive installed. Win 10 has problems with seeing my drive. I just updated the firmware on the drive and it seems better, so if you have an older DVD drive, you may want to think about checking for a firmware update or disconnecting it for testing.

Also, if you have anything plugged into SATA 1. even if you aren't using the M.2_1, change it to another SATA connector if possible. I use M.2_2 so I have no connections on SATA 1, 5 or 6.

My system had been changing my 5.1 system back to Stereo and would not even let me set 5.1. I also realized the Realtek Audio UI was not even getting past the Blue display window. So I did what I always do and download the latest drivers for my system (Wi-Fi version 6.0.1.8468) from ASUS and then went offline and uninstalled the Sound device and all its drivers and the Realtek Audio App which did not reinstall. When I was finished uninstalling, it just showed HD audio In the Device Manger which is the Microsoft version so I proceeded to install the latest driver and after a reboot or two, may audio was back to normal. I did not go back online until the install was complete.

I saw some comments about using the front audio plugs, which are not for 5.1 audio... If you have the 3 plugs for the 5.1, make sure they are secure on both ends. You might try removing one for testing to see if the notices come back.
    This problem started with my new SSD unit. Before installing the new drive, I updated the UEFI (version 1801). It is a fresh new Windows installation, with the latest drivers. Also tried several audio driver versions (6.0.1.8507, 6.0.1.8339 and 6.0.1.8273) and the KB4490481 update.

The interesting thing is that I still have my old drive running, with the previous Windows installation, on wich I never had this issue. And still don´t have.

ROG Enthusiast Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Hero (Wi-Fi)
    Processori7 8700K
    Memory (part number)HX433C16PB3K4/32
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorLG 34UC89G
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard Black Widow Ultimate
    Mouse Logitech G600
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X53

This problem started with my new SSD unit. Before installing the new drive, I updated the UEFI (version 1801). It is a fresh new Windows installation, with the latest drivers. Also tried several audio driver versions (6.0.1.8507, 6.0.1.8339 and 6.0.1.8273) and the KB4490481 update.

The interesting thing is that I still have my old drive running, with the previous Windows installation, on wich I never had this issue. And still don´t have.
    There were many other things mentioned in my response, but if you want to stick with the new drive, maybe get us a picture of your Disk Management window and attach.

I will tell you, I had a secondary 2.5" SSD and it kept dropping offline. It drove me crazy for months but now it seems stabilized.

It also may not be a good idea to leave another drive connected, especially during an install. I assume you can tell the difference between the two WindowsBootManagers when you boot?

ROG Member Array

Did you try Audio Version 6.0.1.8468 added on 2019/04/03?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by corneliufm View Post
    I tested for more then a week after uninstalling Intel RST software. The problem disappeared completely and the computer is running flawlessly.
    That could be because Intel RST has a setting called Link Power Management which puts the drive to sleep. I have Intel RST installed but have Link Power Management set to disabled and have the HDD set to never sleep in Windows power settings. The problem seems to have gone away.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mich3700 View Post
    That could be because Intel RST has a setting called Link Power Management which puts the drive to sleep. I have Intel RST installed but have Link Power Management set to disabled and have the HDD set to never sleep in Windows power settings. The problem seems to have gone away.
    My hard drives are still set to go to sleep without the RST. And I can hear one of them spinning up when awoken. But the problem disappeared. I guess it is combination of divers/firmware and RST. Maybe we should compile a list with the HDD and sound drivers/firmware and maybe we can draw a conclusion.

ROG Member Array

Well the problem came back last night. I checked my Power & Sleep settings on Win10 and somehow the power plan had changed. I read somewhere that some program from Intel was causing the power plan to change on some computers. I didn't have that exact program, so I uninstalled Intel RST. I'll now see if that stops the power plan from changing.

New ROGer Array Xelnaga PC Specs
    Xelnaga PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) (LGA1151)
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
    Memory (part number)Ram Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 2666 MHz CL16 Bianco
    Graphics Card #1Asus Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    MonitorSamsung U28E590 4K
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseCooler Master H500P MESH
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 750W
    Keyboard Logitech G213
    Mouse Steelserie Kinzu V2 Pro Edition
    Headset Steelserie 5H V2

Ok, after some time, i can definetly say, problem is solved. It is clearly a mix of Rapid Intel Storage and especially Hard Drive going to sleep (as stated by other posters). I could replicate the problem because i had one program sitting on drive E: which i usually dont use much, when i started this program, very often problem showed up (freeze, sound stuttering and new device plugged....). So just removed Intel program and changed the time of HD going to sleep to 180min ... problem gone. It's one full week now. Thank all the guys for the precious advices.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast