cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Apex Xi problems?

rubeen_9
Level 7
Hi

I recently changed a formula x for an apex xi.

I do not understand how the overclock of this Mb works.

I have a 9900k at 5 ghz with water.

In formula x i have 5 ghz with 1.18 vcore. At 5.3ghz a need 1.32 vcore.

Temp of package and cpu (peci) are on 73-86º.

However in apex xi need 1.12 vcore and i cant 5.3 ghz. Only can 5.2 at 1.25vcore.

With 1.3 vcore at 5 ghz. I have this. I have 20 º more than formula X . If I release 4 cibenech the pc turns off

why? How I fix this?
7 REPLIES 7

rubeen_9
Level 7
some can help me?

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Temperature disparity between the Formula XI is likely due to poor cooler mounting. Remove the CPU cooler and check for even mounting pressure.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Temperature disparity between the Formula XI is likely due to poor cooler mounting. Remove the CPU cooler and check for even mounting pressure.

Talking with a friend, I realized today that I have a lot of temp between the cores and it can be that.

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:

hi again.
i remove the cpu cooler and I'm still having the same problem. I think the configuration is the problem. i have 0 avx, 1.15 vcore mode manual , llc8 (0 vdroop) , mode xtreme phases.

What can it be or what can I touch?

I think you try to compensate low vcore with high LLC, mine 9700K is working well with LLC6, just a slight droop, but I think 8 is a suicide, no wonder your temps are blowing up.

My guess is that llc works "better" on Apex and you don't need 8, like you did on Formula. Try 6 with vcore of like 1.3~ and see how the things are then.

ninezerofive wrote:
I think you try to compensate low vcore with high LLC, mine 9700K is working well with LLC6, just a slight droop, but I think 8 is a suicide, no wonder your temps are blowing up.

My guess is that llc works "better" on Apex and you don't need 8, like you did on Formula. Try 6 with vcore of like 1.3~ and see how the things are then.

have u got apex xi?

can u tell me your configuration. ?

i will try llc6.

thank you.

rubeen_9@ wrote:
have u got apex xi?

can u tell me your configuration. ?

i will try llc6.

thank you.

I talk about it a bit here :