cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Extreme v1.xx and M.2 question (and Bios)

preachEr_se
Level 7
Hello everyone!

Im sorry to have to ask this question again (yes ive been reading and searching the forum but think ive not yet come to a conclusion)
can i and will it work to connect a M.2 Pcie drive to my MoBo?

Also i wounder about my Bios,,, im still at the original version on my Mobo (0802)
can i just download and flash to the newest one or should i do it in steps?

Sorry for asking questions i probably could search out here on the forum again

Best regards
Kristian
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Check out Chino's thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?53091-Rampage-V-Extreme-M-2-Setup-And-Windows-Installation...
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
No need to go in steps with the BIOS...flash to latest...will update and shut down a few times I guess

BIOS Flashback would be my recommended method

Axle_Grease
Level 7
preachEr.se wrote:
Hello everyone!

Im sorry to have to ask this question again (yes ive been reading and searching the forum but think ive not yet come to a conclusion)
can i and will it work to connect a M.2 Pcie drive to my MoBo?

Also i wounder about my Bios,,, im still at the original version on my Mobo (0802)
can i just download and flash to the newest one or should i do it in steps?

Sorry for asking questions i probably could search out here on the forum again

Best regards
Kristian

I had quite a bit of difficulty getting the BIOS to recognise my M.2 SSD, and when it did recognise it, the Windows 10 install process would always crash after copying files over. Cloning an existing Win10 install on my SATA SSD to the M2 SSD solved that issue. After booting from the m2 I then performed a Windows reset to get a clean OS. You may need to update that Bios though.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." -- Unknown