cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX 2080ti with rampage 2 no display

Shayne_D
Level 7
Hi All,

I have rampage 2 extreme using a intel 980X. I was using a GTX690 gpu, however yesterday purchased asus ROG 11gig RTX2080ti.
I cannot get this card to display. The computer seems to boot, however the monitor says no signal. I am trying to use the hdmi, as the card does not
have DVI. I have changed the monitor to display as hdmi by the way.

Anyone have any ideas, i really dont want to have to upgrade mother board and cpu and ram. Already spent 2k.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

mdzcpa
Level 12
Shayne D wrote:
Hi All,

I have rampage 2 extreme using a intel 980X. I was using a GTX690 gpu, however yesterday purchased asus ROG 11gig RTX2080ti.
I cannot get this card to display. The computer seems to boot, however the monitor says no signal. I am trying to use the hdmi, as the card does not
have DVI. I have changed the monitor to display as hdmi by the way.

Anyone have any ideas, i really dont want to have to upgrade mother board and cpu and ram. Already spent 2k.
Thanks

what monitor do you have?

That 2080ti will choke on that CPU. You will be stuck at PCIE 2.0. I know you're too deep budget wise, but even a 9600k on a budget 390 board would be a huge improvement. Or maybe and 7600k on a budget Z270 board.

mdzcpa wrote:
what monitor do you have?

That 2080ti will choke on that CPU. You will be stuck at PCIE 2.0. I know you're too deep budget wise, but even a 9600k on a budget 390 board would be a huge improvement. Or maybe and 7600k on a budget Z270 board.

Hi mdzcpa, have a dell U2711 runs at, 2560*1440. i was trying to purchase something i can use into in future. Although i wanted to do a full upgrade, I was joping to put it off for 6 months. thanks

mdzcpa
Level 12
If that monitor has displayport (which I believe it does) you might want to try a displayport cable.

That mobo should technically support that card temporarily until you upgrade the rest. Make sure you re-seat the card and that you are getting both white LEDs lit up with power on.

mdzcpa wrote:
If that monitor has displayport (which I believe it does) you might want to try a displayport cable.

That mobo should technically support that card temporarily until you upgrade the rest. Make sure you re-seat the card and that you are getting both white LEDs lit up with power on.

the white lights on the graphics card you mean. what do the white lights mean?