cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random freezes with Asus Rog B-360F motherboard

erickg16
Level 7
Hi! I hope you guys can help me figure this out.
I recently made my new custom build with the Asus Rog Strix B-360F motherboard and I'm having some freezing problems.

I get random freezes at least once a day, some days it does this up to 5 times. The computer freezes for 5-10 seconds and when it comes back it shows the Supreme FX pop up window saying I connected a new audio device, along with the windows notification saying "You just plugged a new audio device into the audio jack". If I'm playing music the audio gets really slow during those 5-10 seconds.
This makes me think it has something to do with the audio driver, but I'm just speculating. I performed a clean Windows installation with the latest drivers, so maybe it's something hardware related?

I've noticed it has nothing to do with what I'm doing on the PC, it can freeze under heavy work load (video editing, animation) and even with the computer idle.

This problem makes the PC unreliable for work, which is the main reason I bought it. I'd really appreciate if someone could point me to the right direction.

These are my specs:
- Asus Rog Strix B-360F
- Intel i7 8700k
- Corsair Hydro Series H80i v2
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 32gb (4x8gb) (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
- WD Blue 250GB SSD for Windows. Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 7200RPM 2 TB and Seagate Barracuda 3 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s for data.
- EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB
4 REPLIES 4

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57038-Don%92t-combine-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-o...

Thanks for the quick reply! Very useful post, I had no idea.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
oops...sorry for the short reply...was going to edit that...was on the phone...

But OK, you see what I was trying to say:o

That's ok. I'll remove one memory kit and test that for a few days. Thank you again!