cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will double booting damage my other components ?

leerock360
Level 7
Hi guys. I have an asus maximus formula xi mobo that double boots every time from a cold start. I have tried changing all settings to no avail. It double boots each time from a cold start. I ve read all the threads on these forums about it but i cant fix it. Im really pissed tbh after paying €490 for this bum motherboard. I paid for the best quality in a top asus product but all i got was a mobo that fails to boot properly from a cold start. Will this damage my other components ie gpu (asus strix 2080 ti) cpu(9900k) etc ? I would love to return this board tbh as it clearly has issues but I dont think reseller would take it back after using it for over a month
26 REPLIES 26

xeromist
Booting shouldn't cause damage. I suppose cycling might cause the few moving parts like fans to wear a bit but not to any degree you would ever notice.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
No, it won't. After checking the memory is stable, enable MRC Fast Boot to avoid retraining the memory upon power cycling. Once there's a grasp of what these power cycles are for, ones expectations become more realistic.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

leerock360
Level 7
Thanks for the replys. I have ordered an aorus master motherboard and I am in the process of trying to return this board now. Another thing i noticed with this board is if i dont turn my monitor on before i power the pc up i will get one long beep with 3 short ones ie meaning video card error. I have tried this with an asus 1080ti and asus 2080ti. Shocking stuff tbh. Hopefully my refund comes through or a credit note at least. Imo I never thought i d ever say this but very disappointing from Asus coming from somebody who has only ever bought asus mobos and gpus for the past 12 years.*

Gofran
Level 8
leerock360 wrote:
Hi guys. I have an asus maximus formula xi mobo that double boots every time from a cold start. I have tried changing all settings to no avail. It double boots each time from a cold start. I ve read all the threads on these forums about it but i cant fix it. Im really pissed tbh after paying €490 for this bum motherboard. I paid for the best quality in a top asus product but all i got was a mobo that fails to boot properly from a cold start. Will this damage my other components ie gpu (asus strix 2080 ti) cpu(9900k) etc ? I would love to return this board tbh as it clearly has issues but I dont think reseller would take it back after using it for over a month

was it maybe that memcheck switch was on on and not off there is a switch on the botom side switch that to off

Gofran wrote:
was it maybe that memcheck switch was on on and not off there is a switch on the botom side switch that to off

i did that, it made no difference. I still have it set to off now as we speak.*

Gofran wrote:

i looked at ur specs. Does your xi formula double boot ?

Gofran
Level 8
to understand your issue better do you mean when turning on pc it goes on then then off the on again

Gofran wrote:
to understand your issue better do you mean when turning on pc it goes on then then off the on again

yes it goes on for 0.5 seconds then straight off for 2 seconds then comes back on

leerock360 wrote:
yes it goes on for 0.5 seconds then straight off for 2 seconds then comes back on

Well the picture i have send you you need first time to boot again then turn off pc then after that turn of the switch then back on again i think that will resolve your issue i had it too then i found out that is that switch on picture was on not off