cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with audio

mich3700
Level 7
A few months ago I built my first PC. I used the ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming motherboard. I can't stop the popup saying that I have plugged in an audio device when I have not plugged anything in. I have the audio drivers from the Asus site installed and have tried various settings in the Realtek Audio Console. It usually happens when I'm using my Oculus Rift, but can happen at times when I'm just browsing the web or something. The computer will freeze and I will get the popup even though nothing has been plugged in. I have tried everything I can think of including a clean install. I'm running Win10 64-bit home edition.

Any ideas what is going on here?
23 REPLIES 23

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
test something. disconnect the audio front panel from the board, for a day or two, and see if these still persist.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Itzycharles wrote:
test something. disconnect the audio front panel from the board, for a day or two, and see if these still persist.

OK. I will try that.

toronto699
Level 13
I Get The Same Pop Up {Front Panel} , Audio Device Installed {Microphone} I Will Get The Popup Even Though Nothing Has Been Plugged In , On My Asus GD30CI , My Question To You Is Your Internet Stable ? Do You Have Internet Disconnects ? Windows Is Up To Date , All Drivers Updated , Except My Audio Driver , I Use a W8.1 driver for 5.1 audio , Pop Up Happens With Any Audio Driver , Strange We have Same POP UP Issue

toronto699 wrote:
I Get The Same Pop Up {Front Panel} , Audio Device Installed {Microphone} I Will Get The Popup Even Though Nothing Has Been Plugged In , On My Asus GD30CI , My Question To You Is Your Internet Stable ? Do You Have Internet Disconnects ? Windows Is Up To Date , All Drivers Updated , Except My Audio Driver , I Use a W8.1 driver for 5.1 audio , Pop Up Happens With Any Audio Driver , Strange We have Same POP UP Issue

I haven't noticed any internet problems. I'm connected with an ethernet cable.

toronto699
Level 13
I Am Connected With An ethernet Cable Also ,

toronto699 wrote:
I Am Connected With An ethernet Cable Also ,

Do you have an Oculus Rift connected?

toronto699
Level 13
No Oculus Rift Connected , No Mic Connected To Any Audio Port , 7.1 speaker Set Up, Wireless Printer , 3 Front USB Cables For Charging Of Devices On Front Panel , USB Razer Mouse , USB Razer Key Board , USB 10GB HD , Back Panel Windows Version 1809 Build 17763.379
MB Temps Approx 35c Intel® H270 Chip Set ,

Even If A Mic Is Connected I Get The Audio Device Connected Notice POP UP ,

letrasenumeros
Level 9

Even with the front jacks disconnected from the motherboard, it still happens. Also The audio console will crash sometimes. I think this is definitely some problem with the drivers.