cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Freeze

Alberto91
Level 7
Good morning,
i need you help to figure out about a problem on my pc. Since a couple of months and after many clean boot of windows, the system freeze for few second (around 5) few times per day, at least 2. I discovered few weeks ago, that my SSD (samsung evo 860) and my M2 (crucial CT250MX500SSD4), they are not in the compatibility list of my MB, It can cause by one of them this error, or can be caused by something else?
Best regards.
Alberto
My specs are:
- z370g
- 2x8gb vengence dd4 3000mhz
- asus Strix 1080
- i7 8700k
6 REPLIES 6

davemon50
Level 11
Are you overclocking anything?
Is your memory a single kit?
Is the memory kit on the QVL?
Davemon50

I have two kit 2x8, but bought at the same moment, and about the OC it's all standard.
Sorry but, what do u mean with the QVL?

davemon50
Level 11
If you go to your support page for your motherboard, and then go to the CPU/Memory tab and select the Memory and Device subtab, you will find a QVL for memory kits. Look for your exact kit under the 3000MHz speed group. If your memory kit is not listed expect that you may experience instability, or even total incompatibility worst case.

Take one of the kits out of your computer and use only one kit. Test stability then. See THIS THREAD for more advice against multiple kits, if you haven't already read it.

(It may of course not be your memory at all, but it's a place to check for such issues.)
Davemon50

Ah ok,
now i know what u mean. Yeah i checked before buy it. It is compatible wit my MB. The only things are the two ssd' s.

davemon50
Level 11
So you have two memory kits though per your previous post? Or just one kit with two sticks? That's the distinction I was making, if you actually have two different kits try taking one kit out and testing stability with it that way. (Then test the other kit by itself as well.)
Davemon50

Alberto91
Level 7
Sorry i didn't mention it. I have one kit with two sticks. Due an old prblem with my old RAM, i tested it many times. (one per time, and togheter).