cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best performance bios

Supr4
Level 7
hi,
like title says i was looking for the bios with the more cpu performance.
about spectre issue i guess windows integrated it in it's OS so i don't think there is a point to loose 10-25% performance from the bios also?
3 REPLIES 3

ondersma80
Level 7
I decided to wait a few days so others that are sensitive or emotional about this issue could chime but it seems no one cares. So, I will chime in: No UEFI version punishes 10-25% performance. To be protected from all vulnerabilities from md and sp you need microcode updates too. The actual performance decreases, again synthetic only as you will never "feel" or "see" these differences, are between 0-7% at most (see source).

Speaking for Hero and Hero Alpha: If what you want is pre-targeted microcode update that would be 3401 (34 series). The best overall UEFI that is totally stable and also protected is 3801/3802 (38 series). I've been running 3801 on my Maximus VIII Hero Alpha for almost a year and it has been 100% stable and all features work (at least the features I use, not sure about junk some use but I don't). Good Luck!

ondersma80 wrote:
I decided to wait a few days so others that are sensitive or emotional about this issue could chime but it seems no one cares. So, I will chime in: No UEFI version punishes 10-25% performance. To be protected from all vulnerabilities from md and sp you need microcode updates too. The actual performance decreases, again synthetic only as you will never "feel" or "see" these differences, are between 0-7% at most (see source).

Speaking for Hero and Hero Alpha: If what you want is pre-targeted microcode update that would be 3401 (34 series). The best overall UEFI that is totally stable and also protected is 3801/3802 (38 series). I've been running 3801 on my Maximus VIII Hero Alpha for almost a year and it has been 100% stable and all features work (at least the features I use, not sure about junk some use but I don't). Good Luck!

So if i move from 3504(not happy with it) to 3801 is there is any serious performance loss due to the Intel spectere exploit patch? otherwise is 3401 better

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
In my case there is a small performance hit that on stock settings with xmp1 and yes on the question, the CPU will not hit auto 5.0 Aside that there is another stuff buy that was on 2 side. 1 the bios and 2 MEupdate (if there no issues on doing that DO NOT INSTALL IT) there is a MEI driver that need to use. and IS NOT AVAILABLE on the motherboard webpage.

Aside that is ok. some issues here and there with audio problems and some stuff but that side is stable.
Learn, Play Enjoy!