cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xonar U7 MKII sound enhancements stop working since win10 1809

Pinkyoshi
Level 7
They work inititially after boot, but a minute after, all my sound enhancements such as virtual surround and equaliser completely stop working, and it just defaults to what seems defaults and i can no longer enable any of the enhancements until a reboot, and then same thing happens. i already tried disabling all other hidden audio devices in device manager and so forth, reinstalled drivers, tried compatibility settings, nothing works

This only happened since i upgraded to 1809....and the drivers have not been updated since the card came out. I get better support with my 10 dollar play2 sound blaster than with this 100 dollar card

edit: this is related to new chrome updates v72 and onwards and xonar drivers
1 REPLY 1

Pinkyoshi
Level 7
I've isolated this issue to Xonar drivers and chrome updates past version 71 and other browsers based on chrome

a flag called "Causes audio output streams to check if channel layouts other than the default hardware layout are available." has been added which overrides audio enhancements of a card driver. I dont know if it's a chrome problem or asus xonar drivers not updated to comply with latest standards

if enabled, it temporarily fixes the problem and enhancements all work, but on some streams it causes high pitched noise. disabled is default.

Not sure who to contact about this, so just gonna bump this post...