cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective ryjin 360 or?

skip2mylou
Level 7
i just purchased the ryujin 360 installed it seems like my pump is not working , after playing battlefield 5 for about 20 min my temps rise to 41 degrees celcius ,the pump shows voltage and frequency but flow rate =0 , w in temp=0 ,w out temp=0, flow rate=0rpm. i did the firmware update but no luck .does anyone else have this issue ? is there a fix for it?
5 REPLIES 5

mdzcpa
Level 12
skip2mylou wrote:
i just purchased the ryujin 360 installed it seems like my pump is not working , after playing battlefield 5 for about 20 min my temps rise to 41 degrees celcius ,the pump shows voltage and frequency but flow rate =0 , w in temp=0 ,w out temp=0, flow rate=0rpm. i did the firmware update but no luck .does anyone else have this issue ? is there a fix for it?

Those monitoring specs are only for custom water cooled setups. Those measurements are only reported when you connect a flow rate meter and thermistors to the flow rate and water temperature headers on the motherboard. Your cooler is an All-In-One and those items are not measured. The measurement that are reported on your Live Dash on the Ryujin are simply pass through data that is reported in your UEFI under the monitoring section. There you will see these data are 0 as well until you've connected something to those headers on the motherboard.

According to Ryujin web page,
there is a pix displaying water temp.
https://www.asus.com/us/Cooling/ROG-RYUJIN-360/

Look at Livedash OLED hardware monitoring section.

I wonder how this is possible, cuz on my RYUJIN it does not display water temp.

Big_Rotty wrote:
According to Ryujin web page,
there is a pix displaying water temp.
https://www.asus.com/us/Cooling/ROG-RYUJIN-360/

Look at Livedash OLED hardware monitoring section.

I wonder how this is possible, cuz on my RYUJIN it does not display water temp.

I think that picture assumes you have a custom loop for the GPU. All of the Live Dash reportable values come straight from the UEFI. It reads the same data AI Suite does. Water temp is not built into the Ryujin.

mdzcpa wrote:
I think that picture assumes you have a custom loop for the GPU. All of the Live Dash reportable values come straight from the UEFI. It reads the same data AI Suite does. Water temp is not built into the Ryujin.

Custom loop for GPU? Come on, why bother with AIO when you're running Custom loop?
That picture is completely misguiding if RYUJIN doesn't have temp sensor built in.
NZXT Kraken has it, can control pump or fan based on water temp.

If NZXT can do it, why not ASUS? And Kraken costs less.... go figure.

packruler
Level 7
This feels very much like false advertising... Why display something in the product page that requires a different product not even sold by Asus??? Seriously, I have been fighting with Asus support on this for a couple days... I had a Kraken but figured when I saw this I could at least see the temperatures if not adjust fans based on them...